Old 07-14-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: AA Makes Set - Bet The River? 1/2 6max

How is this not an obvious bet?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this not an obvious bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
True. I probably should have left off the first part and gone right to where it was 3 bet back to me.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

True. I probably should have left off the first part and gone right to where it was 3 bet back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A lot of posters were very fast to suggest betting (rrreally?) and somehow omitted to comment on the 3-betting.
I suggested to fold as I thought it was the 1/2 full ring (I was at work). For Party 1/2 - 6max I am not sure what is the best. Probably folding. As I said in real life I would find any excuse for a crying call or a "crying cap" as Brady nicely put it. How about this excuse: "I will go on tilt if I fold and the idiots don't show a straight"
Old 07-14-2005, 08:11 PM

This hand is an utter joke, right? You lose to only 3 hands in Q8,87 and KQ and we can throw Q8 right out the window, so you "virtually" have the 3rd nuts. The only sense is KQ if they are calling stations and 8d7d and KdQd. So, you have the "logical" 4th best hand. Given that this is 6 max, I would say this is an easy cap, there are too many people that will show me JJ/JT/AT for me not to cap.

YOU CANNOT FOLD THIS. I also think that it's an easy cap because you will put yourself on tilt if they don't show the straight for 2 missed BB.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A lot of posters were very fast to suggest betting (rrreally?) and somehow omitted to comment on the 3-betting.
I suggested to fold as I thought it was the 1/2 full ring (I was at work). For Party 1/2 - 6max I am not sure what is the best. Probably folding. As I said in real life I would find any excuse for a crying call or a "crying cap" as Brady nicely put it. How about this excuse: "I will go on tilt if I fold and the idiots don't show a straight"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the I'm good here about 20% of the time, and throwing money away folding option

seriously folding is bad, you won't win this often, but you will win 1/5 or 1/6 making an easy call
Old 07-15-2005, 03:53 AM

Final Results:

I called the 3 bet.

BB capped, UTG called and I called.

UTG had JT and had made two pair on the River.

Final Pot: 19.5BB

BB had KQ. He'd called the flop and turn only getting about 1/2 the odds he seened he should have been getting to call with a gutshot, although he pretty much made up for it with the implied odds he wound up with on this hand.

I just thought of something else, though. If UTG had only called BB's raise, I might have raised it myself, though I'm not sure.

The way it went, I was wondering if I should have called the three bet. The consensus seems to be strongly in favor of calling. Thanks for the opinions.