Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 02:30 PM

Default AKo utg

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] utg

I raise, mp calls, lp calls, blinds call, 5 to the flop

flop

5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, mp calls, lp calls, blinds fold

Turn

4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, mp bets, lp raises, I call

River

3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I check, mp bets, lp raises, I fold

thoughts,

Preflop pretty routine.

Flop I bet my draw.

Turn I figured with all of those players and two of them staying that at least one of them had it. I figured the pot was large enough to call the raise.

river..didnt hit so I split.....

MP showed 10,3 of spades, lp won with K9 spades.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:42 PM

Default Re: AKo utg

I think you did ok. Too bad it got raised on the turn, but I still think you have odds to draw to it, but just barely. I may be a little off on the odds, but one of them will pay you off if you hit it on the river.

The guy with 10-3 was awful the whole way through. K-9 also made a bad call pre-flop, although he did better later on.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:32 PM

Schmed,

You played this hand excellently. This is a text book model play.

Pre-flop you raised. I think both MP and LP made horrible calls, but depending on which book you read I have saw some books saying it is ok to call with K-xs from MP. (I disagree but hey who am I anyways)

Flop you had outs, not only outs but the nut draw. You have to bet here, nicely done, but unfortuntley with these two players hands they weren't going anywhere.

On the turn you weren't there yet so you checked, maybe a free card or you have to call a bet no biggie.

River missed you and you knew right then and there that you were mucking.

Although the MP had a questionable call pre-flop LP had a horrible call pre-flop once they hit they weren't going anywhere and I'm actually surprised to hear that they didn't get into a betting war led by the LP. If he was hoping for a flush and got it why did not raise it? Most bad players would of.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 PM

Default I thought the turn call was borderline

There were 11.5 bb in the pot. I made the mistake of thinking that I had 9 outs. When doing my quick calculation at the table I thought..hmm 9 outs.....2bb?? Money...I was thinking, 4-1. Really I should have given the raiser credit for the flush in my calculations, (like I did in my mind), and thought 7 outs. Which is more like 6-1. The call was very very close. Thank God they didn't get in to that betting war because once I called all that money I certainly had the odds at 6-1 the next time around....(actually I would have had to give them both flushes at that point....lol [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] bringing it up to almost 9-1)

Thanks for the response. People stay with all kinds of stupid crap. This is 6-12 too.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:00 PM

Default Re: I thought the turn call was borderline

I just re-read your original post about the bet and raise on the turn. I mis-read it the first time and thought that the MP had bet out and LP just smooth called. Now that I realize there was a raise on the turn I don't know for sure that I would of called there.

As far as what people play.....as much as we would like to think that higher limits have better players, it just isn't true. Just richer, looser, dumber, etc. players. I have to travel to play higher limits (live action.) My last trip I played $10/20 & $20/40.... you still get good hands cracked by trash. I had my pre-flop capped top two on the flop pair cracked turn and river by a guy who had 102s when the queen and jack showed up, we were heads up after the flop. It happens at every level....I hope not this bad but it does.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:35 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

the turn call is good. if the MP also calls, youre getting about 5-1 on the call. lets say you have 7 outs. 7 outs you need about 5.5-1. you will also likely collect another bet on the river if you hit it. maybe even 2. figure that in with the call also. remember, if you miss the river, youre not calling. but you can add the implied odds that youll collect to your call.

b