Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Anyone wanna make a few bucks??

Alright, alright. This was a simple request for anyone that wanted to do me a favor. It's not a scam, but everyone wants to pile on an call me a scam artist so i'll go away. Anyone who is interested just send me a PM. Later all.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know you from Adam, but you should know that this is a common scame:

Mr. X steals a credit card and funds a Party account.

Mr. X advertises that he wants to transfer money from Party to Stars. Mr. X offers to transfer the money first.

Mr. Y sees an excellent business opportunity and figures that Mr. X must be honest if he'll transfer first. Mr. Y completes the exchange.

Mr. Y's party funds are confiscated 2 weeks later and Mr. X gets off clean with the laundered money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to have to agree with Jeff W over Jeff M here. Why can't you transfer your party balance to NetTeller or Firepay or such and then from there to the site you want it on? I'm exclusively party, but they must have deposit methods in common.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:53 PM

He says in his OP that he can't transfer from Party to Netteller.

If you use a Party account with hardly any money in it, transfer the money to it, then transfer it to Netteller, then wait for it to clear and then transfer it to Poker Stars.

If it is a scam, a week later there is no money left in the Party account so who cares?

Jeff, just find someone who has an extra Party account they datamine with, or changed their user name, or whatever. You could even set up a new one yourself with a false name.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Goodbye and good riddance.

Scam or no, if you can't safeguard access to your account don't come around here whining and sniveling.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got this email about an african dude wanting to use my bank account as a place to transfer 70 million dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw this scam for a sportbike that was located in europe and priced way too low.
when the guy emailed me and told me the process you would have to go through to pay him i responded "how much have you made with this scam"

his reply was "$109,477"
Old 07-13-2005, 06:39 PM

Haha, you guys are intense. "Goodbye and good riddance"? "Whining and sniveling"? The guy's asking for a little help getting some funds transferred. Take a look at his post history, he's a $1000 NL player on Party. Just because he doesn't have 4,000,000 posts like some of you doesn't mean he's out to steal your money. If all you've got to offer is "good riddance" and "whining and sniveling", keep your mouth shut.