Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:26 PM

Default ####en party poker

I know noone knows me but i play online alot and just like everyone else am really frustrated with this new ban on poker edge. I can't play without my stats so i want to know if people want to get together and compile a huge database over next several days through mining 10-20 20-40 30-60 etc... Everyone let me know what you think. Also if there is another way to get around the bs let me know although im sure its already been answered in another thread
Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: ####en party poker

Learn how to play poker.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM

What did you do before PokerEdge existed?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if there is another way to get around the bs let me know although im sure its already been answered in another thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, PE is BS. The secret way to get around it is to become a good poker player through study and practice.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Learn how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how people judge. he's my friend who's won, what, 40k the last 3 weeks? that right herman? how you blame him for trying to recover his edge is retarded. I spend at least a half hour a day organizing my datamining [censored] so I can get that edge. if you don't want to make the most amount of money possible then that's fine. but don't go judging people because you chose not to
Old 07-13-2005, 03:53 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also if there is another way to get around the bs let me know although im sure its already been answered in another thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, PE is BS. The secret way to get around it is to become a good poker player through study and practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's one thing if you have a moral issue with it. it's another if you're suggesting that studying and playing are a replacement for having reads on people. I wish everyone would stop beign so retarded about this whole thing
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 PM

Read the part of the OP where he says "I can't play without the stats."

I'm not saying PE is useless to a good player, I'm saying good players shouldn't RELY on software.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:59 PM

why not? I rely on it. it's not just you. everyone is taking their moral problem with it and turning it into all kinds of stupid [censored] like claiming it doesn't help
Old 07-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Poker should be played with skill and not the help of computer saved statistics. No one should have an edge over anyone else in poker unless its human skill. Im glad they banned it.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:09 PM

Wow, you missed my point entirely. I have no moral issue with it, and I never said it doesn't help. I'm saying that relying on stats to make decisions encourages people to stop studying and thinking about the game. If you rely on stats to play, what the hell do you do when you play live?

Plus, the stats aren't always accurate. People go on tilt, people improve, people play scared when they move up. There's no substitute for observing the game. Just because player A is 20/9/2.4 after 1000 hands, doesn't mean he's playing that type of game right now.