Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: I puked a little and folded my full house

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just think you're trying to squeeze too much value out of the river bet hoping he'll call with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I saw him cold call with K6s preflop, then call a limp reraise, then cold call on something like an A29 rainbow flop and call down the limp-reraiser, even calling a bet on the river with his King high.... This guy will call with worse hands on the river. This guy was hemoraging chips and was busted in about 5 orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what exactly is the point of this thread? Is there a question somewhere or r u looking for pity?

-Scott
Old 07-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Dude, he's right that its a clear value bet against the opponent in question. And whether or not to call the c/r is a legit question. He folded and I'm not sure he should have.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just think you're trying to squeeze too much value out of the river bet hoping he'll call with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I saw him cold call with K6s preflop, then call a limp reraise, then cold call on something like an A29 rainbow flop and call down the limp-reraiser, even calling a bet on the river with his King high.... This guy will call with worse hands on the river. This guy was hemoraging chips and was busted in about 5 orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what exactly is the point of this thread? Is there a question somewhere or r u looking for pity?

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the point not obvious? He was questioning the river fold, and it was a good question, as several posters, myself included, think it was a mistake.

Several replies also questioned the river bet, which at least means it's useful discussion, although I am very much not in that group.

Is there a point to your reply? Or are you just trying to add to your post count?
Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM

Default What\'s wrong with a check-call on the river?

Given your description of the villain, I hate the river card. Why bet into him? Why not check-call on the end? Let him potentially bluff with his A, and avoid the chance of, hypothetically speaking, a check-raise on the river when, as Lars points out, it looks a little weird?

TSP
Old 07-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with a check-call on the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Given your description of the villain, I hate the river card. Why bet into him? Why not check-call on the end? Let him potentially bluff with his A, and avoid the chance of, hypothetically speaking, a check-raise on the river when, as Lars points out, it looks a little weird?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's ultra-passive. OP's seen him call down absolutely nothing, including a river bet, several times in just a single orbit. Much more likely that he'll call with nothing than try to bluff. It's a value bet against a moron who's just as likely to have any two random cards as a t or j. It didn't work out that way, but I don't think that invalidates it..
Old 07-12-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you said this. The fold seems fairly contraversial. And as I posted early on, I started wondering if this was a variant of the "i play the board. raise!!!" type of move that some donks make.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:36 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Given the way he played his hand, along with you have only 1 orbit with him, I'd call just out of curiousity even though I think I'm beat. It's tough to get that great a read on a player that soon for this type of situation even in a live game. His river raise looks odd. You'd likely have heard from the J on the turn unless he was trying to be sneaky and call his top 2 to the turn and jack it. Though many will raise top 2 on the flop and wait to the turn with sets. Then turned the FH making him want to slowplay it even more. Which is how some of these guys think.

Call it.

btw...does the preflop action "bet" mean you're raising or limping?

b
Old 07-12-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw...does the preflop action "bet" mean you're raising or limping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I raised. I don't always do it with 77, but I think I did in this case.

(The converter is broken, so I typed in the action by hand)
Old 07-13-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the point not obvious? He was questioning the river fold, and it was a good question, as several posters, myself included, think it was a mistake.

Several replies also questioned the river bet, which at least means it's useful discussion, although I am very much not in that group.

Is there a point to your reply? Or are you just trying to add to your post count?

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of what u may think, the point of my reply IS pretty obvious. I'm asking the poster what his question is, if he had one, or if it was a bad beat post and he's looking for pity.

Read the initial post again. there is no question anywhere. He makes no indication what feedback he is looking for...so I asked my question.

I'm not trying to imply there is no value to the post. In fact there are several interesting points here.

The river bet is horrible IMO, in spite of the opponent being an idiot.

-Scott
Old 07-13-2005, 03:58 AM

You have only observed him for an orbit. You have seen him misread his hand already. If you are good 9% of the time here you already make profit. I think he missclicks/missreads his hand or decides it's time to bluff atleast 9% of the time. No way I'm folding.