Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2003, 11:38 PM

Default 9T offsute on the button

Recently played this hand and was critcized for how I played it but I believ I played it well, Anyways loose-passive 3-6 game. UTG+1 is the key oponet in this hand and this is the second time I have played her. The first time I made her out to be a decent semi aggresive player but today she was down some money and seemed to be making some poor plays-to many bluffs.

UTG+1 limps, middle limps and I call on the button with T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] , Big blind checks

Fop is 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] , UTG+1 bets and its folded to me I raise to get it headup and the blind folds

Turn is 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] , UTG+1 cecks and I bet UTG+1 raises, I call. In the past 30 min I had seen UTG+1 bluff at a paired board with nothing but overcards and she is normaly fairly tight up front so I wasnt woried about a set and Im fairly certain she would raise preflop with any big pocket pairs. so I was prety certain I had the best hand but still vulnerable to any overcards.

River is 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] UTG+1 bets and I call

based on my read of her should I have re-raised the turn or see what the river brings. If she did have nothing but overcards Im not sure if she would have folded them since she seemed to be on tilt slightly. On the river she would have only called any raise if she had me beat so its an easy call. Im primarly intersted in my turn play but any comments would be apprecated.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 9T offsute on the button

Results: UTG+1 had AJoff suite my hand was good
Old 06-29-2003, 06:21 PM

If you expect her to bluff the river when she misses, then you should play it as you did. Though you didn't ask, I would have folded preflop. I look for excuses to play my button, but I still couldn't bring myself to play T9o.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:54 PM

I agree with you on the preflop call, but the game was prety pasive and I was up quite a bit so decided to loosen to see the flop with this hand though most of the time I would fold it if its off suite.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:58 PM

I was up quite a bit so decided to loosen to see the flop with this hand

Oh... that makes sense. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2003, 08:59 PM

I agree. I need at least 8:1 to play T9o so usually I only play that hand in the blinds or on the Bu in a very loose table.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:58 PM

I remember a post from a long time ago where Clarkmeister was stating this was a fine limping hand, I don't remember the scenario though. I do remmeber the thread had Dynasty and him arguing about the pair value of the hand.

Allan
Old 06-29-2003, 11:40 PM

Clarkmeister also thinks 94o is a fine limping hand. Personally, I take anything he says with a grain of salt. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 12:07 AM

I think 94o against retarded opponents on the button for 1/2sb on the button is fine. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'd call on the button with 9To and 2 poor/tilting limpers everytime without a second thought. You simply win too many pots without a showdown to fold there.