Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Your account will be CLOSED at Party/Empire if using PokerProhecy

I found this out the hard way. I got a message from Empire saying I was using banned software (without identifying what) and then two days later (today), the following:

This message is to inform you that our system has detected another instance of the usage of PokerProphecy.exe in your account. As mentioned in our earlier mail to you, EmpirePoker.com strictly prohibits usage of such programs.

With the use of such programs/applications you have violated our Terms and Conditions.

As per our Terms and Conditions, and as mentioned to you in our previous mail, we have proceeded to close your poker account. Furthermore, we have processed the remaining funds of $3450.78 in the account to your bank account. We request that you do not open another account at EmpirePoker.com or across any of our other brands in future, as it will result in immediate account closure and funds forfeiture.

Regards,

Deependra
Investigations Team,
alerts@EmpirePoker.com

I have sent a response but I have yet to receive a reply asking that my account be reactivated. Poker Prophecy now has posted the following at their web site:

NEWS : In light of the recent letters our customers have been receiving regarding Party Poker (and skins) hacking into their computers, we temporarily recommend that people do not purchase our product for Party Poker (there are no problems with Paradise Poker, and if you like, we can transfer your account over to Paradise and credit you $40 towards that service). This specifically refers to Party Poker e-mailing our customers saying that they have identified their use of Poker Prophecy and this creates an "unfair advantage" at the tables. If this problem persists, we will also transfer any of our customer's accounts over to PokerStars with a $40 credit towards that service. This product will be out within 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, we strongly recommend that you don't use the software version of our product, and uninstall it from your computer (as Party Poker can invade your harddrive and detect it). You may optionally, use our web based searches, which appear to be undetectable by the hackers at Party Poker. We suggest you e-mail Party Poker with your displeasure about them invading your privacy, please note that they will "scan" your harddrive whether or not you have Poker Prophecy installed. At this point no funds have been confiscated by Party Poker or their skins. This message from us is simply a general warning.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Your account will be CLOSED at Party/Empire if using PokerProhecy

Poker Edge and now Poker Prophecy?
There is a God.
X
Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We suggest you e-mail Party Poker with your displeasure about them invading your privacy, please note that they will "scan" your harddrive whether or not you have Poker Prophecy installed.

[/ QUOTE ]
You did read Party's T&C right? When you install their software, you agree to their terms.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM

Thank you Party Poker!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:14 AM

Just another message supporting Party and skins on their actions...... thank you.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm glad they didnt confiscate your $$....nothing wrong with playing same tables on other skins and not using the software.
I'm kinda happy to see poker sites taking stands...it's a start...
Hopefully it is a trend...jmo
Old 07-13-2005, 02:29 AM

Exactly.