Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Default playing bad

lately, I find myself playing really, really bad. I know that I'm not suppose to be doing certain stuff, but I still do and I always look back and think what a big idiot I was for playing the way I did.

And it just happened again.

I'm starting to think I lost all my skills and have become a total fish. I think I was a pretty good player before, at my prime, and I no longer think I can reach that point or any higher.

Please help. Direct me to an article, story, blog, anything.

Reading 2+2 doesn't help anymore. Posting hands doesn't really help. I think it's more mental. My BR dropped by 50%.

I'm getting a little worried.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: playing bad

Just popping in to say that I feel like I've been playing like crap lately, although I can't think of anything I would have played differently. I'm getting a frigid run of cards, and on top of that I'm sure I'm making mistakes, too. My BR has dropped by about half, as well, and if this keeps up much longer I'll have to drop down in limits to rebuild.

I don't really have anything constructive to add other than empathy because I'm doing pretty much the same thing right now [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 02:21 AM

Switching from limit to nl usually unfreezes my brain for a few hours at least [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

-SmleyEH
Old 07-12-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lately, I find myself playing really, really bad. I know that I'm not suppose to be doing certain stuff, but I still do and I always look back and think what a big idiot I was for playing the way I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're repeating certain errors then maybe they're a habit. You could play fewer tables (assuming you're multitabling) to concentrate on one game. Then, play the way you think it _ought_ to be played, not the way you habitually play it. There are 2+2 posters I respect; I try and imagine the advice they'd give, or the advice I'd give if I were posting to the forums rather than actually playing.