Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: I puked a little and folded my full house

Your river valuebet looks fine. I'd probably go for the crying call hoping to catch a random raise. He could be easily raising this river with 88, 99, KQ and even smaller pocket pairs if he is as bad as you describe him. It's very close though.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably go for the crying call hoping to catch a random raise. He could be easily raising this river with 88, 99, KQ and even smaller pocket pairs if he is as bad as you describe him.

[/ QUOTE ]

His description of the opponent in question:

"I've only played about an orbit with villain. So far, he seems like a super passive calling station. Imagine the most passive guy you have ever seen, then cut his agression in half. He even failed to raise the river with the nuts once because I don't think he realized he had it."
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only played about an orbit with villain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems a bit early to start making big laydowns.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:36 PM

I never really understand these posts. I call ALL retards. That said, if you are certain you are beat it would be dumb to call. That said, maybe he misclicked. Its a good size pot, you probably save yourself $60, but here you are wondering if you folded a decent pot to the biggest moron at the table. Why put yourself in these situations?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never really understand these posts. I call ALL retards. That said, if you are certain you are beat it would be dumb to call. That said, maybe he misclicked. Its a good size pot, you probably save yourself $60, but here you are wondering if you folded a decent pot to the biggest moron at the table. Why put yourself in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been calling river raises and crs too much recently, so I'm trying to be better about auto-calling on the river.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20 PM

Good fold tough board. Im puking just reading this..... I couldnt see what you bet so i cant say if you nbet to little on the flop and turn i assume you didnt or shoudl i....
Old 07-12-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold tough board. Im puking just reading this..... I couldnt see what you bet so i cant say if you nbet to little on the flop and turn i assume you didnt or shoudl i....

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a limit hand, so I bet, well, 1SB and 1BB on the flop and turn. I would have gladdly put in more on the flop and turn if I could have. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Did you mistakenly wander in from the mid-high NL forum? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only played about an orbit with villain. So far, he seems like a super passive calling station. Imagine the most passive guy you have ever seen, then cut his agression in half. He even failed to raise the river with the nuts once because I don't think he realized he had it.

Villian has also cold called 2 on the flop and called down with K high before, so when I first value bet the river I was expecting to get called with some crap hand....

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, rest fold.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises!!!, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.. after one orbit, I'd definitely be calling. I absolutely agree with your river value bet given the read though. I don't see why it isn't obvious that if a guy has called down with *absolutely nothing* multiple times in a single orbit, having almost Anything on the river is worth a value bet. And in this case, there are only 4 cards out there that beat you. A decent opponent would likely have one. An opponent with any random two cards most likely (by far) doesn't.
(Of course, if a decent opponent Didn't have one, he would be far more likely to bluff-raise, as he would recognize what was going on..)

So when Mr. Passive raises, you're probably beat. And if he was Mr. Passive for like 10 orbits, I'd fold this. But as it is, he's more like Mr. P. Moron. So I could easily see him not raising decent (or even nut!) hands for fear of people folding or something, but then raising a really scary board, expecting people to fold. (Or something.)

Value bet, call.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call ALL retards.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound tilted. What a dumb idea.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:08 PM

when a terrible player who doesn't even know when he has the nuts and won't raise with extremely strong hands puts in a seemingly random raise like that, there's a very good chance he suddenly decided it would be a good idea to bluff.

really bad, passive players don't know how to bet and raise their hands for value, but that doesn't mean they never bluff.

i think laying this down is very bad, unless you have a strong read on the player never bluffing.