Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Dataminers United.

[ QUOTE ]
BAD!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They're my hand histories, I can do what I want with them.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:13 AM

So are you only seeking the limits listed above? I would be interested in 2/4 limit and eventually 3/6 limit. I have several thousand observed 2/4 hands. I also have lower limits, but it is older. I just signed up, so I'll check it out.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have several thousand observed 2/4 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]The problem with data-mining lower limits is that the field is SO much larger, mining is less useful.

I submitted all my old lower-limit hands, but I really don't think an organized $2/$4 mine is worthwhile. DEFINITELY not below $2/$4.
-Sam
Old 07-10-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a great idea that is implemented poorly.

I would love to spend the time and create this properly, but I cant imagine how much I can trust every user to send valid hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would the HH sent be invalid?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is such a great idea that is implemented poorly.

I would love to spend the time and create this properly, but I cant imagine how much I can trust every user to send valid hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would the HH sent be invalid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd venture a guess and say he means people submitting fictitious hand histories that skew their own stats.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:20 PM

Because this is basically Poker Edge v2. The same concept of pe is being reapplied here. Yes their your hand historys but their being used for the wrong reason. Why do you think PE got the cut. Traditional poker is going out the window and it seems no one cares.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because this is basically Poker Edge v2. The same concept of pe is being reapplied here. Yes their your hand historys but their being used for the wrong reason. Why do you think PE got the cut. Traditional poker is going out the window and it seems no one cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, two points.

1) Exactly...you can't put this genie back in the bottle. People now see pros hole cards on TV. Number crunchers have run simulations that give exact percentages for common situations, percentages we'd never have had before. Technology forces change and can't be undone. The typical cycle is "excitement at potential, early adopter usage shows it affects something, fear that things are change for the worse, attempts to squash it, finally acceptance". Pick any technology. Cars vs. horse and buggy. Computers vs. accountants and other human computational jobs, robotics in factories, etc, etc, etc.

2) PE mines hands they don't play. My hands are just that, mine. I'll do whatever the hell I want with them. I'll give them away, I'll sell them, I'll put them on a publicly available server.

Just because you don't like what I do with my hand histories doesn't mean it's in any way illegal or even unethical.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have several thousand observed 2/4 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]The problem with data-mining lower limits is that the field is SO much larger, mining is less useful.

I submitted all my old lower-limit hands, but I really don't think an organized $2/$4 mine is worthwhile. DEFINITELY not below $2/$4.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I have mined about 15k hands at 2/4 and it is already enough to be some help to me. It doesn't give me as much info as I would like on the fish, but at the very least, it allows me to identify some of the better players more quickly. Typically, when I sit at a table, I have stats on 3-5 players. Not enough to be statistically significant, but enough to distinguish between people with a vpip of 50 vs. 15. Obviously, 15k hands isn't that much. With an organized mining effort, I think better stats are attainable and useful. If I'm playing 2/4, why not try to have stats on as many players as possible? Even if it isn't as useful as it would be at higher limits, it is definitely worthwhile to me.

BTW, I have submitted around 14-15k hands of 2/4. I have a ton of 1/2 and .5/1 hands, but I don't feel that they are very useful at this point because they are not very recent. If anyone wants them, though, I can submit them.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:40 PM

See I would join this effort but right now it seems like only higher limits are wanted whereas I play 1/2 limit and 25NL. I've got about 15k hands at these games and would like to trade those in for more at the limit I'm at. If there is want for these hands and a trade in for them I would be very interested in submitting.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 AM

Number of hands by category in the database:

$0.5/$1 Hold'em - 1,558
0.50/1 TexasHTGameTable (LIMIT) - 1,068
$2/$4 Hold'em - 33,669
2/4 TexasHTGameTable (LIMIT) - 1,490
$5/$10 Hold'em - 25,509
$10/$20 Hold'em - 838
$15/$30 Hold'em - 1,073,919
$20/$40 Hold'em - 107,238
$30/$60 Hold'em - 817,385