Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Funny Party fish (med-school student)

So I'm donking around last night at the 25 Party 6-max table when I get into it with this med-school guy who thinks he's the cat's pajama's. Cut to: I'm in the BB with A5 off, cut-off (not the guy I'm quarrelling with) open-minraises to .50, SB folds, I teeter then call to see my 234 flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just kidding.
Anyway, flop comes AT5 rainbow. He checks, I bet $1 into the $1.25 pot. He thinks 10 seconds then calls. Turn is rag, he checks, I bet $2 into the $3.25 pot (shoulda bet more). He thinks 10 seconds then calls. (At this point I figure him for either AT for a better 2 pairs or Ace with a higher un-paired kicker. River comes a King. He checks again, and I go into the mini-tank. I type, "Big slick, eh? Groan, I should have bet more on the turn, although you would have called anyway assuming your TPTK was good...man I had 2 on the flop bro...your AK wins this time", something like that. And I check behind him fearing the C/R. He shows Big Slick to take down the pot.
So now, this A-hole med-student says, "Dude, there is NO WAY you could know that... you must know eachother and be cheating!" WTF? lol. I told him if he can't make that read he has no business playing poker. Anyway, he went on and on and on about how he was going to report me and stuff. He also was complaining b/c he "hadn't won a hand in 30 hands". Then later he was up against someone else on the river and types "I wonder if my pair of 2's is good.." then folds. The opponent showed Ace-high and he lost it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Keep in mind this was for a minbet on the river. He folded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the sweet revenge was near the end of my session when I get AA. UTG raises to .75, I'm one behind him and I re-raise to $4 (hoping for UTG to sense a steal and re-re-raise). Now it's on med-student-boy who types in the chat box "Good luck architect." To which I reply "I don't need it but thanks anyway." Then he pushes in for his $25 and the original raiser folds. I insta-call and take down his KK. He types "NH" and skedaddles before I can say "thanks dude."

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I just thought it was funny that this bone-head cannot understand how to make a routine read.

I believe his name is Serraot or Serraort on Party Poker. Big fish who admittedly has "plenty of gamble in him" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]