Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Isolation cap?

What position you are in preflop matters. If maniac was UTG, LAG was UTG+1 and you were next, I'd fold every time. If I were on the button I'd probably cap. In a situation like this, there is so much money to be made, that you don't have to push every little edge you might have. For two reasons, 1. You'll keep the variance down a little bit, and your hourly rate will still be substantially higher than normal, and although variance isn't bad you may significantly lower the % of times you are able to profit, since this is not a long term situation. And 2. You don't necesarily want your image to be the LAG next to the LAG and the maniac. Having your isolation caps and 3-bets be successful is big in this game, as one of your hopes with ATs is that AQ and AJ will fold behind. Just wait until you have a good hand and the money will pour in, I think the 99+ AQ and better- as previously stated- is not a bad guideline.