Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Extracting maximum value from big hand. Review please

[ QUOTE ]

Why is folding three of a kind with a rag kicker in a tiny pot with the blinds so small so hard to believe?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

And... um... yeah.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is folding three of a kind with a rag kicker in a tiny pot with the blinds so small so hard to believe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. Was assuming you were talking about the turn.

But

I still prefer the OP's line than pushing.
The way this hand has played out, if I held J-rag I would think for a while.......... and still fold.

How often would J-rag be good here? Almost never against half decent players.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would have raised the flop for half the flop size and if somebody had come over the top I would've gone all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this hand played out this way and If you bet the flop and someone came over the top, chances are they have an overpair or AQ, or a set of dueces. On the flop the only hand your are behind to is pocket queens ... you can't fold to an over the top all in on the flop.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The river is scary, isn't it? The check from BB would have made me nervous. I would have bet about the same amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking, right? Another J is the best card in the deck. What do you put BB on?? QJ? No way. J5? No way. J2 *maybe* but just... no. You are almost certainly against trips here and you have a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't joking. But can you believe it? I overlooked that hero has a FH [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the buy-in?

You should not slow play sets on the lower buy-in levels. With 5 callers I would have raised the flop for half the flop size and if somebody had come over the top I would've gone all-in.

The turn, I might have played the same, but I am not sure what the best line is. Sometimes, I go all-in here.

The river is scary, isn't it? The check from BB would have made me nervous. I would have bet about the same amount.

Would you have called an all-in from BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its A $10+1
I would have called like a shot.

On a further note, I REALLY thought someone would take a stab at the pot from late position, but no joy. If I had minbet or stanard bet, I probably win nothing, but that would be ok. I figured that unless the turn was superscary, I might get some action.

My small raise was DESIGNED to look weak and suck someone with two pair or so into pushing over the top. Still, just one of those hands. Poker is tough.