Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2003, 06:57 PM

Default I was awarded the pot

I have AKc one before the button and raise, only the blind, UTG & UTG+1 stay in.

Flop ... 3 low spades. Checked to me I bet and am called by all...Ok no buying the pot on this one.

Turn ... rag. Checked to me and I decide not to bet because blind is an inexpierenced kid who is already counting out the chips for a check raise.

River ... 4th spade. Blind bets other two muck to me and as I'm reaching to move the chips off my cards so I can muck, the blind holds up his cards to flash to his buddy and drops them on the floor. I still haven't mucked so the dealer calls over the floor who delcares the hand dead and gives me the pot.

That was a first for me, to win a pot this way. Anyone have any unique ways they have one a pot?
Old 06-26-2003, 07:40 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: I was awarded the pot

hahahaha

to be a fly on the wall to hear that guy after the ruling.

i watched a guy spike his top set off the table. his hand was declared dead and an underset won the pot. that was an entertaining 1/2 hour following that. 2 or 3 hands later, he loses another big pot to the guy who had the 2nd set in the 1st hand. the guy had the same set the guy spiked off the table.

fun night, it was

b
Old 06-27-2003, 01:46 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: I was awarded the pot

Last night in a 4/8 game I had to snatch my second card from mid air when the deaker got a little over anxious with the pitch. She gave me a nice catch comment and I was allowed to play my wired queens. She still called for a new setup after the hand. Oh well.

Also, I guy at the table requested 3 setups last night. Unfortunatly the new cards couldn't make up for his seeing 99% of the hands to the river.