Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 03:06 AM

Default I wait to raise the turn with 88. Things don\'t go so well from there.

9 handed. I have 88 in MP. Also, I am playing higher than my comfort level.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, I only call with the 8's, button raises, SB folds, BB calls. 5 to the flop.

Flop is 625r and BB bets out, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I call (I am planning on raising a good turn card and also seeing what the PFR's and BB's action is on the flop, and button only calls.

Turn is a 7 giving me the OE straight, but unfortunately, it's now checked to me, so there goes the turn raise. I bet. All call.

River is a K. Checked to me, I check to PFR on button, he bets, all fold. I make the crying call and lose to the rivered K.

Questions:

Does my not raising the flop cost me this pot? (I'm thinking the raiser calls anyway if he was willing to call a BB on the turn with K high and 2 people to act after him.)

Even though it appears AK got there, my crying river call is a must closing the action on a 13.25BB pot, no?

Sorry if this hand is somewhat standard, but as I said it was higher than I usually play and I felt like I had a chance at winning this somehow if I had played the hand differently.

Thanks,

Nigel