Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 11:47 PM

Default TT flop check 3 -bet i....????

BB laggy 34/10, but i havent seen too many hands with him.(maybe 20 or so) other guy i have seen over play some hand, but is a 17/13. what do you do on this flop facing 2 bets?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero ....
Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: TT flop check 3 -bet i....????

I 3-bet PF. Given the PF call though, I fold when it's 2 back to me. BB's 3 bet means top pair is no good. MP1's cap looks like an overpair or a set. Your 10's are almost assuredly behind with few outs to improve.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:06 AM

i forgot to mention i didn't 3-bet preflop because of the coldcaller.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:22 AM

I fold the flop, I can't see how we're not drawing to 2 outs.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:26 AM

In my opinion you need to 3-bet pre-flop for several reasons.

1) Original raises is a LAG. Meaning his raise more than likely means little based on his position. TT should easily crush his range of hands here.

2) A TAG'ish player has just called here. When someone with a 17/13 stat cold calls it means usually a hand like AQ or KQs. My point here is that his range of hands isn't that tight here either.

3) You are in position. Period.

4) Calling here gives sick odds to the blinds to come along and play. Thats 7.5 SB in the pot before the SB gets to act. put yourself in the BB in this hand. What hands are you not playing here getting slightly greater than 7:1 odds when also closing the action! Get this flop three-handed or at least get some information about your hand as well as the LAG and the TAG's hand. if LAG 4 bets you may get heads up!

Now on the flop we are in control of the hand, and can play accordingly.

On results analysis here the BB could have a large range of hands here (77,99,79s, T8s) and has just check-3bet you. pot odds are currently 15.5:2 (7.25:1). Off the top of my head I will say you have maybe 2-5 outs against the BB and maybe be ahead of the LAG.

My gut says fold, unless you are reading the BB otherwise.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion you need to 3-bet pre-flop for several reasons.

1) Original raises is a LAG. Meaning his raise more than likely means little based on his position. TT should easily crush his range of hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is the lag. MP1 the raiser is the 17/13. MP3 only changes the preflop raise.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 AM

My mistake,

what is your read on MP3? I still think you should 3-bet for the other reasons I mentioned above as well.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:48 PM

i folded. river was the magical T, but it didn't matter. BB shows Q7 for second pair. MP1 takes down the pot with K9s. I'm surprised no one advocated calling and evaluating the turn. at the time i thought it was close between that and folding. but once i call the two on the flop im probably committed to seeing a showdown, unless it is somehow 2 bets back to me again.