Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Question about Absolute (no poker content)

Hey guys,

I saw that Absolute had this amazing 50% match up to $500 for new Neteller users (don't get excited, I think it's over), and thought it seemed like a great deal, but I've started playing it and I'm having a lot of problems.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of tables to play at (at least at 1/2), and also, the software has locked up on me more than once, causing me to lose hands that I might have won. Any posters have any thoughts or advice?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Question about Absolute (no poker content)

That's life at Absolute. They offer continual deposit bonuses, but their table selection and quality @ .5/1 and 1/2 is less than optimal. Not to mention I hate their software.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Table selection is good if you play 6 max.
The bonuses are great, but bear in mind that you pay around 200 $ rake at 0.5/1 and 1/2 6 max to receive 100 $ bonus. If you get rakeback, bonus+rakeback is effectively like playing with 75 % rakeback.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's life at Absolute. They offer continual deposit bonuses, but their table selection and quality @ .5/1 and 1/2 is less than optimal. Not to mention I hate their software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. Since everyone there is playing off a bonus the play is usually pretty tight. Absolute is a good name for them though because the only time I play there is when I absolutely have no other bonuses left to chase anywhere else.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table selection is good if you play 6 max.
The bonuses are great, but bear in mind that you pay around 200 $ rake at 0.5/1 and 1/2 6 max to receive 100 $ bonus. If you get rakeback, bonus+rakeback is effectively like playing with 75 % rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to take issue with these rake numbers. I've played 2,343 hands at .50/1 full and have paid $84.90 in rake. During that time I've gotten $140 in bonuses. When added to the $150 I've made on the tables that comes out to a pretty nice number.

HOWEVER, I still don't like playing there because of their lack of games and the fact that I find it very hard to play more than two tables because of their software.

<<Edited to add that I see you were talking about 6 max rake and I was talking about full table rake. If 6 max is really that bad on the rake then I guess I don't mind the fact that I don't like it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]