Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Moving into NYC

Well... If you are going to bring your car...i suggest moving to one of the boroughs. There are a few nice areas in brooklyn like bay ridge and dyker heights. I was renting a 2 bed room apartment off of 5th avenue with parking for about 1 K a month. I got that sweet deal through a realitor who needed to make his commission check around xmas time in the year 2000.

YOU will definately miss driving your car...especially if you want to visit near by cities like DC or Philly...oh yeah...dont forget those trips to AC and FOXWOODS too... those tour buses dont cut it!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Moving into NYC

[ QUOTE ]
Well... If you are going to bring your car...i suggest moving to one of the boroughs. There are a few nice areas in brooklyn like bay ridge and dyker heights. I was renting a 2 bed room apartment off of 5th avenue with parking for about 1 K a month. I got that sweet deal through a Realtor who needed to make his commission check around xmas time in the year 2000.

YOU will definitely miss driving your car...especially if you want to visit near by cities like DC or Philly...oh yeah...dont forget those trips to AC and FOXWOODS too... those tour buses dont cut it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to live in the LES. I bought a car 2 1/2 years ago to start traveling more often, but parking in NYC drove me banannas. So I hight-tailed it out to Jersey City. No traffic, 5 minute train ride to get to WTC or 30 minute ride to get to 33rd street, and it is MUCH cheaper. I have the best of both worlds, life is good. I highly recommend you check out Jersey's Hoboken, Wehawken, Jersey City, or Edgewater areas as viable options.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]