Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: TD A-5 situation Im not really sure of.

6 handed, depending on how loose the players are and how low the limits are, the deck is about to become nearly void of new cards before the reshuffling takes place and roughly 20 good cards leave the new deck of reshuffled draw cards. Therefore holding the 7 is the best move in this situation. Not to mention the limping lets you believe a smooth 7 is strong.

I played a 6 handed pot with a 654, the deck nearly ran out of good cards after the first draw, where I caught a 78. I proceeded to bet my straight 8 into the entire field and let them draw (They were all drawing very thin it appeared), which they all did on every street. The SB ended up catching an 85 to beat me (didn't gain an extra bet, however), but my odds to win the hand into the entire field drawing into a reshuffled deck was strong enough.

Shorthanded it depends on how shorthanded we are talking and player tendencies, but unless I am playing against a few players I know that deceptivly draw very thin and have position on me, I am more then willing to draw at the 732A, even out of position. At worst you can catch a 6 and break it against legit heat on future streets
Old 07-22-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed, depending on how loose the players are and how low the limits are, the deck is about to become nearly void of new cards before the reshuffling takes place and roughly 20 good cards leave the new deck of reshuffled draw cards. Therefore holding the 7 is the best move in this situation. Not to mention the limping lets you believe a smooth 7 is strong.

I played a 6 handed pot with a 654, the deck nearly ran out of good cards after the first draw, where I caught a 78. I proceeded to bet my straight 8 into the entire field and let them draw (They were all drawing very thin it appeared), which they all did on every street. The SB ended up catching an 85 to beat me (didn't gain an extra bet, however), but my odds to win the hand into the entire field drawing into a reshuffled deck was strong enough.

Shorthanded it depends on how shorthanded we are talking and player tendencies, but unless I am playing against a few players I know that deceptivly draw very thin and have position on me, I am more then willing to draw at the 732A, even out of position. At worst you can catch a 6 and break it against legit heat on future streets

[/ QUOTE ]

You may or may not know what you're talking about but you are an [censored] at the table.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:42 PM

I am an ass. Donkeys alwasy draw.