Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Add-On Rules

Well, I've Googled everything I know to, and can't find the answer, so I turn to you folks for help.

My home tournament format is as follows:

BUY-IN receives 1,000T
One (1) RE-BUY is allowed anytime before and up to the end of the second level. Players must be completely busted (0 chips remaining) to RE-BUY.

One (1) ADD-ON is allowed only at the END of the second level. But this is where the controversy is. Players want to be able to ADD-ON even if they have previously made a re-buy and even though they have no chips left. They want to justify this by saying that in order to make the ADD-ON, they must be all-in during the hand in which the first level is ening.

My argument is, that in order to receive an ADD-ON, a player must have chips left (what's there to add-on to, if you have 0 chips?). If a player has previously made a Re-Buy, then lost those chips, that player should not be eligible to get an ADD-ON...they are out of the tournament.

But, I can't find this anywhere. Can anyone steer me right?

Thanks ever so much,
tacticaltal
Old 07-10-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Add-On Rules

its completely up to the person who hosts the game. personally if i was having a one rebuy, one addon tournament, id allow someone to addon if they had rebought then bust on the last hand of rebuys, since technically they're still in the tournament when the addon is available. but its up to you.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:21 AM

if there is only 1 rebuy allowed, when you're broke you're done unless you still have your rebuy. If he has his rebuy, he would then have to rebuy before he adds on. You are absolutely correct that you need chips to be able to add on or its unfair to those that busted in any other postion in the tournament. If you allow the add on to the player that busts on the last hand then any player who has busted should be able to add on to their stack of 0.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 AM

no, because they're out of the tournament. if you have no chips in front of you and cannot/will not rebuy before the next deal you're out of the tournament and cant rejoin. in the case of busting out on the last hand of rebuys, you're not out of the tournament and can addon, in my opinion anyway.

i think it can be interepted either way, and its up to whoever runs the tournament.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 AM

are there any websites that post these types of rules? I've looked at Robert's Rules of Poker and the TDA, but I find nothing.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:52 AM

I think you have to have chips to Add-on like OP said. so you bustout and rebuy and then bustout again your are done and no add-on for you.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 AM

Email PStars and ask how they do it.

As an aside why not allow players to rebuy at any time? Why do you have to bust out?