Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Closest B&M room to Western PA

i have a couple friends who go to Seneca Allegheny as a daytrip on the weekends from pittsburgh.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Thanks again, guys. Basically I'm just looking for a fishy, easy money $2/$4 hold 'em game, I'm not too particular about environment or anything - it's gotta be better than where I play usually!

Sounds like Seneca Allegany or Niagara (I think Allegany is a bit closer, but it's negligible) for me! The free alcohol is definitely a coup, as is not having to deal with crossing the border.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Seneca Allegany

Here's a little bit of info from an anonymous wiki contributor. I've never been but I'm eager to stop by sometime while headed from New England to the Midwest.

http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Seneca_Allegany
Old 07-08-2005, 08:01 PM

Seneca Allegheny is a very decent card room in my opinion. But, to give you a point of reference I have only been to one other. I just returned from Foxwoods yesterday. The dealers at Foxwoods are much slower than at Allegheny. Just about all the dealers are friendly and keep the game moving at Seneca.

Allegheny of course cannot compare to the bigger rooms (e.g. Foxwoods) for various limits and player variety, but I enjoy it a lot for a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Since you are playing 2/4 limit you won't have any problem with finding a table.

It is much easier to drive to from Pitts than Niagara. Simply get yourself to I86 and head east. Exit 20 and you are right there. There is a Holiday Inn express nearby if that's relevant. I think the easiest way for you is I79 north to I90 east to I86 east (yeah east then east, go figure).

I will be there this Sunday playing 5/5 NL. Will have on a light colored sport coat and gold rimmed glasses. Stop by and say hello if you make it then.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:20 AM

Wow you guys have been a ton of help, thanks again.

I will probably be there this coming Wednesday, if anyone happens to be there at that time!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be there this Sunday playing 5/5 NL. Will have on a light colored sport coat and gold rimmed glasses. Stop by and say hello if you make it then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the max buy-in for the 5/5 NL really only $200 like the Wiki states? I was thinking of checking Allegany out but I'd rather play a $500 max game.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Yes, the 5/5NL is max buy in at $200. Once in a blue moon a 5/10NL will be happening with a $500 buy in. But, that is rare and if they have a ton of players - usually when their tournaments are going on (every few months).

Come on out tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:05 AM

I can't make it out tomorrow but I think I will try to go next Sunday. I will try to leave early Sunday morning so I can get there around noon.