Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: CHEATING IN YOUR HOME GAME

Me and my friends suspected one kid, who I used to be friends with, of cheating. We didn't really want to say anything because we were all pretty good friends, we just waited and watched him play. One night, my friend Josh caught him rigging the deck under the table. I'm talking the entire hand, who got dealt what, so on so forth. We played with two decks as well because it would help speed things up, but it also took concentration away from the person who was getting ready to deal the next hand. Once we caught him, we wrote him a letter and told him we would forgive him if he repaid us the amount he had stolen from us over the past few months. He gave it back, I haven't talked to him since. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you catch them, be nice about it. Put up a front like you want to forgive them, this way you at least have some chance that you'll get your money back. We now rigorously cut the deck, no matter who is dealing, and we allow for one random burn card, that the big blind can call for at any point in the hand. Well, good luck, I hope they're just a lucky idiot instead of a dirt bag. But in life as in poker, I'm usually wrong when I'm optimistic.