Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Default time for a little maf

Okay, this is a good hand to dissect.

Hero is immidiately getting 7:1 (rake) to make this call. I give 5 outs: 1.5 for the 2 Jacks, 1 for BD flush, 1 more for BD straight, and 1.5 for the 3 remaining kings. This means Hero needs 8.2:1 immediate odds.... but this is too generous. And we can all see why: the original raiser is still left to act, so that 7:1 is an illusion, especially given yr read of villian. There is a good chance you will have to call one, or even 2 more back to you. Yr relative position sucks. It really sucks. Reverse implied odds mos def apply here. Not only might you have to call extra bet on the flop, but also possibly on the turn. Plus you could improve to an expensive second best hand on fifth street (catching a K or a J might improve someone else more than you). Let's say you have equal chance of having to call no more bets, calling one more, or calling 2 more:

[7/3)+(8.67/3)+(9.5/3)]= ~8.4

Assuming 5 outs, calling is okay. It's damn close.

I don't think the output is correct. That pot should be much bigger than 11 BB on the turn -- even with rake.

EDIT to add: all true odds include rake.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: got called a donkey after this hand?

ack, too late to edit my original post.

reread it, thinking I'd missed something, and I had. You were right. you could've lost to the straight flush if someone was holding the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Would *that* hand have been worth playing out? hmm. what would that have been like? at the flop, it's a flush draw but totally dominated. at the turn, it makes the flush but is still dominated and has one out for the nuts...and at the river, it makes the out. hmm.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: got called a donkey after this hand?

The odds of someone holding 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are around 1 in 1000 so I wasn't going to worry about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]