Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: AQs Coldcall Crazy

Considering that CO seems like a reasonably good player, leading out the turn was probably wise. You've called 2 cold on the flop and turn, so clearly indicating you're on a draw. The fact that the ultimate scare card for either draw hit the board on the river...I think there's a big chance this thing gets checked around if you don't bet. Plus, even if CO bet and you raised, it almost certainly folds UTG+2, in which case you've gained no more bets than just <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=12' target='_blank'>betting</a> out.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-09-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember in the 'cleaning up the forums' thread we talked about not making posts like these, simple 'fold preflops' and nothing else that do nothing to help the player?
Old 07-09-2005, 09:41 PM

I can understand calling pre-flop, although - even in a multiway pot with a pretty strong drawing hand - your position is a huge liability with the draws. That said, I think calling pre-flop is an opinion thing, based especially on how the table has been going.

The thing I find weird, and I think it's been said before, is why cold-calling two bets on the flop? You've got 4 outs to a split pot, and with so much action pre-flop, you have to think your Q and maybe even A isn't an out anymore.

Turn play was fine, with the flush draw finally showing up.

River -- maybe a check-raise. Honestly, I think some people might be going on tilt with a KK or AA they know is cracked by a straight or a flush, but it depends on the way everyone had been playing before.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:44 PM

has anyone thought of capping pre-flop? I just finished SSHE and Sklansky was showing examples of AQs, telling the reader not to be afraid at the small stakes of creating huge pots with your premium holdings, so you can get good pot odds post flop. You know you might be up against AK or a big pair, but AQs is still a premium hand that should try to build a nice big pot preflop. Calling on the flop would be fine, but you might have raised and try to get the betting capped on the turn. I don't fold this pre-flop with so much money going in there, and capping pre-flop might even get the players not to raise after flop letting you see a turn for maybe one more bet. Just my humble opinion, but when I get a premium holding like AQs, I like to try to build big pots pre-flop, and not just call whatever action comes to me.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:46 PM

definitely raise the turn and try to get it capped, I mean, isn't a flush draw part of the reason you got into this monster anyway?