Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Learning poker again 3/3, Monster draw lots of players on flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Very Very passive table, the stats aren't super important here(I don't think) but most people are over 50vpip with tiny aggression factors, and the raiser has a pfr of about 8.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

I usually fold her, but I feel that I have the equity to see this flop with three people already in, I thought the bb would come along but I can't win them all.
Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Beautiful flop for me, my equity at this point is over 50% against pretty much all none-set none-better spade draw hands. With this many players I try to get as much money in as possible
Turn: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks

Usually I bet here but I wanted the entire field to pay not giving anyone the opportunity to raise, so I check here planning to call a bet from my right and checkraise a bet from my left.

Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Learning poker again 3/3, Monster draw lots of players on flop.

With three others in, I think you can safely bet call. Even with only one card to come, your pot equity is over 25%.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Learning poker again 3/3, Monster draw lots of players on flop.

Preflop is an easy call.

Flop is perfect. You should lead the turn. This bet is profitable against 4 opponents, especially when the risk of being raised again isn't too high or harmful. The bet also adds an element of disguise to your hand, which allows you to bet/3-bet a fair range of good river cards. If you check and call, and make your hand on the river, all of the sudden you have to bet and it will be a rare player to raise you with a weaker hand.