Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Default help me plz. stats included

i play NL 25 6 max. at Party.
i've read theory of poker, sklansky, this forum is great.
but my bankroll fluctuates around zero. Help me please.

Old 07-09-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: help me plz. stats included

well your sample size isn't that big and it might be just a cold run.

I would suggest tightening up a bit and perhaps not semibluff as much at the NL25s.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Stats only show so much, but, I see alot of things wrong
1) You should be winning much much more with your big pairs. Are you slowplaying them? You should never slow play them at those stakes. People want to call. Just pound away
2) You call the flop too much and dont raise enough. You are probably chasing too any draws and being too passive in general.
3) You flop bet % is pretty high. Thats ok depending on what your doing, but at that level , people are going to call you so you cnat be betting 2nd pair and things like that.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:14 PM

How do you post those screen shots?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 PM

Consider leaving the 6 max and going to full ring games. Two-table them with nice Tight AGgressive play. Beat the full games first before you play 6 max, which are more difficult.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 PM

Hey Wanna,

The sample is still small so it may be a bad run...but here goes...

You are not raising as frequently as you should and (I think) your raises are too small. My PFR % is double your figure. Your Attempted to Steal figure is 10% less. When you do steal you are not very successful: Your "No Flop" % after a steal attempt is ~18% mine is 35%. Your Win without a Showdown" after trying to steal is ~42%. Mine is 65%.

How many multiples of the BB do you usually raise when stealing? How many BB's do you raise when makin a typical non steal raise?

Your poor results with big pairs (as noted earlier) may also reflect some passive pre flop action. As mentioned, you should play your good hands aggressively. I vary my PFRs from 2-5x the BB but typically I am in the 3x range. When stealing (If I really want to win right there) its 4 or 5x the BB. If I want it to look like a typical steal, but would rather be called then I might lower to 2 or 3x.

Other thoughts: VPIP from the SB looks low, you may be folding your sb too much and contrary to the advice of Ice I think your flop aggression is ok.

Incidentally, I beat the game, but I dont crush it, so others may have better insights.

H
Old 07-09-2005, 03:28 PM

thanx guys

[ QUOTE ]
Stats only show so much, but, I see alot of things wrong
1) You should be winning much much more with your big pairs. Are you slowplaying them? You should never slow play them at those stakes. People want to call. Just pound away

[/ QUOTE ]
no i'm allways affraid of coordinated flop and bet. Often my pairs aren't get called at preflop, and also i have several badbeats, e.g today i've lost about $80 with KK, AA, AK,

[ QUOTE ]

2) You call the flop too much and dont raise enough. You are probably chasing too any draws and being too passive in general.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeh, it seems a leak in my game - if i have a nut draw (e.g. Ace flush draw) i forget about pot odds. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

3) You flop bet % is pretty high. Thats ok depending on what your doing, but at that level , people are going to call you so you cnat be betting 2nd pair and things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to bet strongly top pair and better.
I really suck with overcards.

[ QUOTE ]

Consider leaving the 6 max and going to full ring games. Two-table them with nice Tight AGgressive play. Beat the full games first before you play 6 max, which are more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've thought about it, but full ring seemed to me more harder than 6max. actually i never played full ring : )

Is my preflop raise rate ok?
should my vpip be a little be greater at 6max (40-50) and more less at fullring (18-25)?

i've posted images using "image" button. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> EDITED </font>

[ QUOTE ]

You are not raising as frequently as you should and (I think) your raises are too small. My PFR % is double your figure. Your Attempted to Steal figure is 10% less. When you do steal you are not very successful: Your "No Flop" % after a steal attempt is ~18% mine is 35%. Your Win without a Showdown" after trying to steal is ~42%. Mine is 65%.

How many multiples of the BB do you usually raise when stealing? How many BB's do you raise when makin a typical non steal raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB = is it big blind, or big bet?
(big bet for NL is bigblind*2 according pockertracker)

my raise was usually 4*big blind - 1$. but now i'm trying to vary amount of raise depending on the hand. If table passive i can raise 99 for 0.5. But if the table is aggressive - my amount of raise is about 1.5 - 3$ (6-12BB) for top pairs like AA-JJ.

I never tried to steal blinds designedly, i raise if i have legitimate hand.
what range of hands do you stealing with?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i've thought about it, but full ring seemed to me more harder than 6max. actually i never played full ring : )

[/ QUOTE ]

You should ask yourself why you find full ring games more difficult. Because 6 max is tougher than full ring. In full games you can play TAG poker effectively because you have more hands per orbit between the blinds to wait for good hands. Walk before you run, play solid ABC poker first in the full games.

ABC poker = If you have a strong hand, bet strong...if you have a weak hand, get out of the way. Preflop raise with premium hands and throw in a couple late position preflop raises with middling cards. Raise to open or fold, don't limp. Only limp behind with other limpers. Only draw if you have pot odds to draw, otherwise fold. Just play good cards well. Then start adding the continuation bets, the bluffs and semi bluffs, the check raises, the time-to-time expanded opening requirements, and other moves.

This kind of basic ABC/TAG play should get you some profits, and build your confidence. Add in some of the moves and you add more to your profits. Get the experience in full ring that you can be profitable, then go to 6 max if you must, but be aware the variance is much higher. I only play full ring right now because it's simply very profitable for me to do so, and I am happy there.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
You should ask yourself why you find full ring games more difficult

[/ QUOTE ]

it maybe seems silly but i'm affraid of good players playing full ring : ).
also full ring = more players = more callers so you need a really monster, but maybe i'm not right.
OK. i'll try.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:22 PM

10 handed, 3 good players at the table=30% of table good players.
6 handed, 3 good players at the table=50% of table good players.

Yeah, more callers in full table, but that is profitable for you when you have good hands. Because you are making bets that force them to make mistakes to call you if they are on drawing hands or weaker hands. Never worry about the results of the immediate hand you are playing. Just make the best decisions, one by one, and if your opponent outplays you, learn from it; or if someone draws out on you with bad odds and wins the pot, that is great because in the long run, that is how you make alot of money at small stakes NLHE, people drawing with bad pot odds and missing.

You don't need monsters to win every hand. You can win big $ when you have a monster hand and someone else has a very good hand. The mundane top pair hands are your bread and butter and come with far more frequency than do monster hands. Winning the most out of these kinds of hands (and losing the least when you are beat) really, really affects your bottom line.

--aj