Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 AM

Default BB hand

$10 rebuy - blinds 100/200

UTG limps (T2100)
Button calls (T9560)
Im BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (T10780)- i check, just sat at table and both players are unknown to me.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
On me - I decide to make a bet of 300, im representing the 6 that i have but like to bet out here for a few reasons. Im hoping i wont get credit for it and get repopped by UTG slowplaying big/decent pair, the flop has a few draws and also such is my style that i will be making a lot of little bets on the flop and it would be nice to actually show a hand for once [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

UTG flat calls, button folds.

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
This card stumped me a bit - i put him on overpair, draw, 9 house or better and he's gotta put me on 6 or 9 house.

Pot is 1300 - he has 1600 left. AS i see it he can't make a mistake here but I think i gotta bet, if called or raised im done. Was very happy when he mucked for bet of 400.

How do you think i played this?
Old 07-09-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: BB hand

i think this is an easy turn check. if he has a 9 all the chips go in whatever happens imo, so let him think you had no part of it and give him a chance to bluff if hes drawing dead or to two outs. if he checks through, make the bet on the river, maybe 6/700, he could easily call with A high and if makes a pair or hits his draw he'll pay you off

edit - just read you'd have been done with the hand if he called or raised your weak turn bet, unless he was a very standard ABC player i think this is pretty bad. you cant be worried that someone automatically has a 9 after calling on that flop, if it'd been 944r and you had J4 then you could have, but this board is far too draw heavy for that. you said yourself you wanted to make a bet that didnt look like you had a 6 on the flop, the board pairing shouldnt change that? i dont think you can make any bet that is strong enough that you can reliably muck to a raise in this situation.