Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: twoplustwo.com and OOT killing GDP

I'm not claiming to be extremely intelligent, just more so than average I guess. I scored a 159 on the LSAT (which is a test of logic), not mindblowing, but I did outperform 80% of people who took the test. If we can assume that only people who are above average in intelligence take the LSAT (a reasonable assumption IMO), then we can logically conclude that I am in the 90 percentile, no?

(0.2) x (0.5) = 0.1
Old 07-08-2005, 01:42 AM

you really should have abandoned ship...
Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 AM

BTW, Gamblor, since you are so humor-deprived, let me explain why this thread is funny.

This guy posts this thread, proclaiming: So here we are, a bunch of us in the top 5% of the population as far as intelligence(and some most likely in the 99.5 percentile)

Then at about the same time makes a post in the lottery thread with all sorts of elementary logic, reasoning, and math errors.

The fact that he made those two posts at about the same time is, indeed, quite humorous. And he took the ribbing quite good-naturedly.

But of course, you have to jump in and make your snide little comment. Why don't you go back to the Politics forum and go talk about how the Jews are great, Arabs are evil, blah blah blah.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not claiming to be extremely intelligent, just more so than average I guess. I scored a 159 on the LSAT (which is a test of logic), not mindblowing, but I did outperform 80% of people who took the test. If we can assume that only people who are above average in intelligence take the LSAT (a reasonable assumption IMO), then we can logically conclude that I am in the 90 percentile, no?

(0.2) x (0.5) = 0.1

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just messing with you, dude. I'm sure you're plenty smart.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 AM

I suppose that I would have to accept my fair share of ribbing, since most of my time here is spent laughing at others' misfortune. I'm just embarassed that I actually went as far as I did in trying to prove my mental fortitude to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum (and failed miserably). Guess it's time for some self-mutilation...or masturbation.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy posts this thread, proclaiming: So here we are, a bunch of us in the top 5% of the population as far as intelligence(and some most likely in the 99.5 percentile)

[/ QUOTE ]

its even funnier considering that way more than 0.5% of the posts in oot appear to be written by monkeys, meaning, of course, that if youre going to be the forum sherriff you ought to be doing a better job.

[ QUOTE ]
But of course, you have to jump in and make your snide little comment. Why don't you go back to the Politics forum and go talk about how the Jews are great, Arabs are evil, blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

it could be worse - i could be spending my time worrying about which fowl goes best with which white, or debate the merits of the lonsdale vs. the corona size.

either way, i'll still feign shock when someone says californians have no class.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:11 AM

I am so smart. SMRT
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 AM

Stick it in her pooper!