Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Angry villain spews racist vitriol.... *NO CONTENT*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Youve gotta show these men of will what will truely is. Find out where he lives and kill his wife and children. Then kill his parents and his wifes parents. Burn their houses to the ground.

Wait 3 days, and go back and cut off his limbs and feed him alive to several wolves.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

You're part of the problem, not the solution. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

----------Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Im part of the problem by making a couple of obscure film references? Please ellaborate.

Of course it should be reported to support, youd be a retard not too.

And telling someone that youll report them if they knock you out of a tourney is almost as bad as his name.

Phill
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but this is just malignant and way overboard. let us know if party gives anything other than a form reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

They killed his chat. I got two replies in response, both of which were half form letter / half custom:

With regards to your email, we understand your concern and extremely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on our site. We have researched and have noticed that player "frankmauro" had used profanity and racist comments at our tables. We have gone ahead and blocked his chat facility.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:39 AM

As in killing the guy's chat forever? Sweet.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you notice a difference in how people play against your female avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't notice if they call me any more or any less. I kind of assumed they would call me less thinking that a woman wouldn't be aggressive enough to push with nothing. Their reaction to getting knocked out by me, or having their blinds stolen by me is noticeable. I get lots of "keep trying that c u nt," and, "can't play poker b1tch?"

Like I said, it's funny until you realize that people like this really exist.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it's funny until you realize that people like this really exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I play live, which is very rare, I am amazed at people. You really just don't get a good clue of how.... depraved? stupid? uncouth? emotional? (there is not good word to describe what I am thinking) poker players can be when you play them on line.

(There are certainly nice, smart, socially graceful players, too, but the other end of the spectrum is truly astounding, and a real turn off to playing live for me.)
Old 07-08-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but this is just malignant and way overboard. let us know if party gives anything other than a form reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

They killed his chat. I got two replies in response, both of which were half form letter / half custom:

With regards to your email, we understand your concern and extremely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on our site. We have researched and have noticed that player "frankmauro" had used profanity and racist comments at our tables. We have gone ahead and blocked his chat facility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Good Job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
You have made the world a little bit safer for all of us
Old 07-08-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Good Job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
You have made the world a little bit safer for all of us

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your being sarcastic.

I wish sites would actually ban players, instead of just removing chat. Seriously.

If you were to go into work, dropped a few N-bombs (for the want of less bastardised americanisms) and throwing in a couple of anti-semetic remarks you would not be told to walk around without saying anything. Youd be fired.

Phill
Old 07-08-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im part of the problem by making a couple of obscure film references? Please ellaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too obscure for me. Maybe I'm just a dumba** and need to see more movies.

--------------Jeff
Old 07-08-2005, 02:27 PM

this is one of the reasons i disable chat... there are so many spiteful and ignorant people playing on party, and they feel that they have the liberty to make these asinine and disrespectful comments simply because they don't have physical contact with the person they're aiming the vitriol at... it's really a sad and pathetic way for people to let out their anger... in regards to how party will handle the situation.. a few months ago, i was playing HU 15-30 w/ a guy who unleashed a flurry of n***er, and a bunch of other racial slurs.. i e-mailed party and they disabled his chat...
Old 07-08-2005, 06:47 PM

The Usual Suspects?