Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: The wsop hand

With the pot at 675 I probably bet out ATF 700 or 800 for several reasons-

1) For information, I want an indication whether or not he is on a higher overpair or AK/AQ - and I want to bet a little more since I saw him call down with JJ on a Q-high board.

2) To protect my hand if I'm in the lead, since TT is vulnerable.

3) To give poor odds to drawing hands (although in this case AcKc/AcQc is probably raising you).

4) To get out of this hand as cheaply as possible if I am behind.

Thoughts on this line?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Bet the flop and define your hand
Old 07-08-2005, 11:23 AM

I bet out 500 and fold to a raise. If he is capable of raising you off your hand w/ AK then he deserves the pot. You are losing to everything else.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 AM

I hate how you played the hand, btw. You played it like you were WAWB when in fact you were BAWB (barely ahead way behind). You need to define your hand on the flop. Preflop is fine.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet out 500 and fold to a raise. If he is capable of raising you off your hand w/ AK then he deserves the pot. You are losing to everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my line also.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:35 PM

I don't like limping PF. If you raised and he reraised, you have a better idea that you were behind. After you limped and he raised, a re-raise would have narrowed his holdings down. If you are going to limp call PF, then you have to play the pair for set value only and let it go after the flop.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:55 PM

I am very surprised that most people are adivising him to lead out on the flop. I think that is a bad play. Let's look at it from the Villian's POV:

"Alright, I made a pretty big raise PF, I hope he knows I mean business with my AK. Wait, wtf? Why did this guy just bet into me? I showed considerable strength PF and he's just leading right into me on this ragged ass flop? Well, if he had a set he certainly wouldn't want to just blow me off of my hand. I bet he doesn't have a very good hand and if I raise him here he's probably going to fold."

A lot of the time on this ragged board the villian will raise you on the flop no matter what he has, simply because it is very rare for you to lead out a monster here.

With that said, my initial reacion was to fold PF but then I realized that you can flop a set and bust him. So I fold on the flop. If you aren't capable of laying down on the flop you should be capable of laying down on the river.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very surprised that most people are adivising him to lead out on the flop. I think that is a bad play. Let's look at it from the Villian's POV:

"Alright, I made a pretty big raise PF, I hope he knows I mean business with my AK. Wait, wtf? Why did this guy just bet into me? I showed considerable strength PF and he's just leading right into me on this ragged ass flop? Well, if he had a set he certainly wouldn't want to just blow me off of my hand. I bet he doesn't have a very good hand and if I raise him here he's probably going to fold."

A lot of the time on this ragged board the villian will raise you on the flop no matter what he has, simply because it is very rare for you to lead out a monster here.

With that said, my initial reacion was to fold PF but then I realized that you can flop a set and bust him. So I fold on the flop. If you aren't capable of laying down on the flop you should be capable of laying down on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead out with just about everything, so it would make sense for me to lead here with a set, too. Bugstud is similarly aggressive, so I would guess the same is true.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boy, that's not exploitable.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM

I think I either leadout or CR the flop. Probably the later - I think you get information. If you're re-raised you're likely behind. If called, tread lightly from there as I'd suspect being way behind in the hand.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my line also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep