Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: EV question

I like a small turn raise, more than a min raise but not a raise designed to blow someone off A10, for instance. My reasons:

1. Villain will almost certainly call a turn raise with TPTK, or perhaps a mid pair / JJ if it is a harmless looking undercard.

2. After calling such a raise, the Villain is usually committed to a river value bet on a non-scare card. You can safely fold to a reraised turn, a CR'ed river and/or big lead on the river with only one pair.

3. This line also keeps mid pairs in the hand who may believe you are making a move with high cards, as you only smooth called the flop.

I believe this line generates highest EV because you get an extra bet in on the turn all the time, which makes up for the times he hits his outs and beats you. I also like taking the initiative. You have position with a premium hand, why let him have the initiative.

Just my thoughts Iceman, BTW I have been following these pots both here and on BTP, so if you reference any of those posts in your response(I.E. the lead-in-with-set problem you are trying to solve) I will know what you are talking about.