Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 09:58 PM

Default A new online player-to-be

i'm planning on an initial foray into the online poker world. Before i do i would like to get as much information as possible about best site to start, best payment method to use, what preparation or study i should do first, and so on.

there is a lot of information on this site. Are there any particular posts that you would suggest that i read first or should i just browse and find things on my own?

thank you
LL
Old 06-22-2003, 02:07 AM

Default Re: A new online player-to-be

Not sure if you mean new to poker or just Internet poker.
This is a good post for you to read though if either see below:

Poker Post <<<<<<<<<<<
Old 06-22-2003, 04:23 AM

Before i do i would like to get as much information as possible about best site to start, best payment method to use

I think partypoker.com would be an ideal site to start at, with neteller being the best payment method to use. Neteller is by far the most reliable(although it's kinda slow with the initial deposit). Firepay is a shot in the dark and I've heard that IGMPay has been down lately...hmmm. If you want further advice on all of the sites, send me a PM. Also, send me a PM before you make any deals with the leaches around here selling "affiliate" bonuses. I'll shoot you strait. Good luck.

Cup
Old 06-22-2003, 05:10 AM

I think partypoker.com would be an ideal site to start at

oh boy, i REALLY disagree with ya here cup.

if a newbie friend of mine wanted to know where to play, i would tell them to get their feet wet at paradise or stars.

unleashing a newbie into the mayhem at party may send them running to the hills after they go bust to sh*t cards. or if they have deep pockets and last, they will develop habits that will cost them aLodda dough.

however, as long as the newbie knows this and wants this, then WTF, let him gamble his money at party. he will certainly get plenty of action for his buck.

however, if my newbie friend wanted to play some more sane poker, and LOSE LESS while he learns (soooo important), i think the newbie needs to play against some better players.

i prefer to have my teachers smarter than me.

jmho

ready for monday Cosmo?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:41 AM

I agree Granny. When I decided to read a few books and stop playing like an ATM, I started playing at Stars. The competition there will make you pay for your bad habits, which forces you to play the right way or lose. Once a player is able to play break-even or show a profit long term at Stars, they are better prepared for the wild games on the softer sites.

Speaking of Party, I have refrained from depositing there because I constantly hear people talk about their horrible connection/software/support. Is the amount of Fish there worth putting up with the continual problems ?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:45 AM

What is pokerstars? Do all the well known movie stars play there? I am brand spanking new to poker online and poker I just saw a TV commercial that gave me boner!
Old 06-22-2003, 06:58 AM

this post has given me a great idea for a new psychological thriller - it will follow the life of a lonely, sad person from nerd to poker player extraordinaire to respected forum poster to spammer to outcast to internet troll

the trouble is, once he becomes a troll there is nothing lower to sink to and i can't think of an interesting conclusion

nah

it's been seen before in real life

Old 06-22-2003, 08:30 AM

Default I second the motion

Yes, this post by Lorinda is an excellent beginning.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:23 AM

Default Re: A new online player-to-be *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 06-22-2003, 09:36 AM

The film could be better if it portrayed the star not only from nerd to poker player extraordinaire, but also world class in every form of advantage play by the age the dude is 21, just old enough to step into Las Vegas legally.
There is enough in the early stages

The sequel will be about the stars life as he graduates from University, gangs up with some nerdy friends and uses his talent to build a multinational companies, and put in some nerve racking George Soros finanacial gambles to make it really exciting

I think Mike Haven and fishy2 is related, and both tried to be spies and emailed me for info then trash around. Way to spend your spare time