Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Already ITM - AJs in MP - your move?

[ QUOTE ]
My preference is to raise. AJs is a great hand from MP, and I think you want action. You are going to need to win some chips to make a run for the money, and more than just the blinds. The pay difference between 36 and 30th isn't that much. I'd be looking to gamble with what's likely the best hand.

A better hand is going to call a push anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting line. My first instinct was to push, but I this line has some merit. You arent going to be pushing out AQ+ JJ+ anyway, might as well give someone else a chance to call with AT, KQ, etc.

I think this is the best line, turns to a push once you get down to 16000 or so, IMO.

Also, I am calling any push after I raise.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Already ITM - AJs in MP - your move?

I agree with Locutus. Because the stack sizes to your left are not much bigger than yours, a push will most likely only be called by someone with a better hand. You can find out all you need to find out by raising to 5-6k. Weaker aces and small pocket pairs will probably get out of the way, not wanting to risk 20% of their stack. If you are re-raised all-in, you are probably beat. If you are flat called, you are probably ahead.