Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live, AA Laydown?

There are a couple lessons here.
1) Dont call a $15 raise with KJ
2) Dont try to bluff at this level. People wont fold AA.
3) Dont try to bluff at this level. People wont fold AA.

The play will work on good players. This is obvious because most 2+2 ers wouldve folded. But youre not playing 2+2ers in these low stakes live games.

Did I mention that people wont fold AA?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a couple lessons here.
1) Dont call a $15 raise with KJ
2) Dont try to bluff at this level. People wont fold AA.
3) Dont try to bluff at this level. People wont fold AA.

The play will work on good players. This is obvious because most 2+2 ers wouldve folded. But youre not playing 2+2ers in these low stakes live games.

Did I mention that people wont fold AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Not to be annoying, but I'd prefer no more responses like this. I do know what I'm doing, to a fairly good degree, and I know people don't normally fold AA. However I put him more on AK than AA (or KQ or QQ, QQ with the Q of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was my main concern) and I'm not really defending my move with KJ. I really am not. I was decently drunk at the time, and to be honest my read on the SB wasn't very good -- in fact, it was probably just a thought in my head that I decided was fact.

I know that bluffing with KJ isn't optimal in this spot, just as I know that calling with AA isn't optimal in this spot. Perhaps an interesting question for people in general is ... which is the worst play -- KJ or AA? I'm willing to bet people vote for AA as the worst, but that's just cause I think I know the thought pattern of 2+2ers.

Anyway, I should stop responding to posts so quickly just cause I'm bored. Later.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You never think someone's bluffing?

[/ QUOTE ] You have to consider that he could be bluffing and still have you beat. He could have been playing K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]... there are 9 cards in the deck he could have that have you beat... nearly a quarter of the a deck. Furthermore, he could have flopped a set..

There are so many ways you are beat, and you have no read on the player... he showed strength on every street. 9 out of 10 times, you're throwing money away.