Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Winning Players - Can you post your percent of flops seen at 6 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds to me like you are a much better postflop player than I am. I'm working on bringing it up as I feel more confident. Currently, I think I nut peddle too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've read your posts before, and you definately seem good enough to loosen up postflop. i assume that you've played a ton of hands, and that means that your instincts must be pretty damn good. i'd say my only advice to you at shorthanded tables is to practice raising and calling raises with gapper connectors...seriously at NL100 and 200 those are a goldmine. in my experience, what tends to happen is a) people don't read your draw/flopped straight and b)when you showdown these hands, suddenly people think that you suck. consequently, they make ridiculous calls...i love it.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Winning Players - Can you post your percent of flops seen at 6 handed?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds to me like you are a much better postflop player than I am. I'm working on bringing it up as I feel more confident. Currently, I think I nut peddle too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've read your posts before, and you definately seem good enough to loosen up postflop. i assume that you've played a ton of hands, and that means that your instincts must be pretty damn good. i'd say my only advice to you at shorthanded tables is to practice raising and calling raises with gapper connectors...seriously at NL100 and 200 those are a goldmine. in my experience, what tends to happen is a) people don't read your draw/flopped straight and b)when you showdown these hands, suddenly people think that you suck. consequently, they make ridiculous calls...i love it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Both for the compliment and the advice. I actually haven't played that many hands (probably 15K FR and 10K 6m lifetime) because my job actually takes a lot of time (read: 75-100 hr weeks) and I certainly think I need a HELL of a lot more experience. I am extremely tight against a preflop raise, even short-handed, and would never call with suited connectors without 200BB stacks, and probably never with suited one-gappers, so I will take your advice and try to loosen up in position and see what happens. Thanks, man!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Winning Players - Can you post your percent of flops seen at 6 han

I'm pretty solidly at 17% VPIP in 6-max games. I tried loosening up before, but I got myself into a lot of uncomfortable situations. However, when I play lower stakes, I open up to about 20 or 22% VPIP since I feel I have a bigger edge postflop.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:30 PM

I did an experiment where I raised to $1 preflop 100 hands in a row on PP NL 6-max, bet half pot on every flop, and folded the turn unimproved. I won 65% of my pots and won a total of $54. Not sure what this has to do with OP, but I just thought I'd share.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:34 PM

what are blind sizes?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Sorry... NL 25, .1/.25