Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Vinny Vinh is a piece of sh*t

Whether or not the rule is fair is somewhat irrelevant. It's the rule.

I think it's silly that people with bad eyesight can drive the same speed as me on the freeway at night. I should be allowed to go faster than 65, or they shouldn't be allowed to go that fast. However, I know the rules, and I know that if I break the rules, I have to pay the consequences.

Did Rafi know the rules?
Did he know the consequences? Or did he think that the rule didn't apply to him?

I like Danny N, but I was playing with him at the WSOP. He was sending text messages, even though he knows it's against the rule to. There are all kinds of rules violations by people who know the rules. Most just assume that the rules don't apply to them. It seems that Rafi falls in this category.

Josh
Old 07-06-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not the rule is fair is somewhat irrelevant. It's the rule.

I think it's silly that people with bad eyesight can drive the same speed as me on the freeway at night. I should be allowed to go faster than 65, or they shouldn't be allowed to go that fast. However, I know the rules, and I know that if I break the rules, I have to pay the consequences.

Did Rafi know the rules?
Did he know the consequences? Or did he think that the rule didn't apply to him?

I like Danny N, but I was playing with him at the WSOP. He was sending text messages, even though he knows it's against the rule to. There are all kinds of rules violations by people who know the rules. Most just assume that the rules don't apply to them. It seems that Rafi falls in this category.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people think that rules will be applied in a way that isn't stupid. This was stupid.

In all walks of life there are rules that are important and rules that aren't important, rules that are vigorously enforced and rules that are virtually ignored.

To imply that Rafi doesn't have a genuine beef here because he knew the rule is a pretty simplistic, rules is rules, kinda view.

--Zetack
Old 07-06-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think its fair to berate vinny for his decision here, despite it clearly being questionable in a moral sense. if you were in his shoes would you take the 3x chip lead at the chance for the massive prize purse at the expense of abusing the rules and tainting your name? i know that i probably would.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not a chance in hell I would take advantage of this situation. In fact I probably would have said said to the TD, "That's really Effin Stupid!" and joining Rafi on the rail, and then insist they keep dealing and blinding us back and forth until our respective penalties elapsed. (of course in real life I wouldn't do that either because I wouldn't have pointed out the violation and caused a penalty in the first place (0f course I wouldn't be heads up at the final table either, but there ya go.))

--Zetack
Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Are there any other forbidden words at the WSOP or am I free to say "God Damn these cards to a shit swilling hell" as much as I please?

--Zetack

Seriously, if the F-word is the only forbidden one, I can switch to saying Cunt a lot. I bet that's a lot less offensive.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:33 PM

This is a trash post.
Save us some time and 2+2's server resources.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:51 PM

That's amusing that someone can say after 20 posts of civil discussion on a controversial issue that the post which staretd it is trash...
Old 07-06-2005, 06:58 PM

Among the 20 posts, how many are true "discussing".
If they are "discussing", how many posts are discussing the questions or issues raised by OP?
Do you homework first.

The OP created a new ID. Post only 1 post to trash talking.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:26 PM

What about when Freddy Deeb got knocked out of the 2003 WSOP, I've never heard so much profanity come from one "bad" beat on television ever?

Ban that guy.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:37 PM

Enforcing the rule in this way is against the rule-framer's intent.

Blindly following laws is evil.

~D
Old 07-06-2005, 07:47 PM

By the way, I'm 99% sure I know who this poster is, and he's a kick-ass human being and a great card player. I'm kinda shocked that he made this post, but the fact that it drove him to post at all says a lot for the ridiculousness of the situation.

~D