Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: I\'ve Read Barry\'s Book

I ordered mine last thursday from amazon and received it today. If you select Free Super Saver shipping, that really means that they will sit on it for about 2 weeks before bothering to ship it.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:38 AM

Estimated ship date for this item: Jul 10 2006
Ace on the River: an Advanced Poker Guide - Barry Greenstein
CDN$ 21.44 - Quantity: 1 - Not yet released
Condition: new

Am I just screwed because I'm Canadian or is this an error?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 AM

Screwed because we are canadians.

If the status doesn't change on .ca tomorrow I will be ordering from .com. That is our other option as canadians if you are willing to spend a little extra money.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have you checked out Yao's Weighing the Odds? I am half way through it, and frankly, can only say I think it is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two best non-2+2 books to come out in recent memory are easily Yao's and Barry's. Unlike most non-2+2 trash that can be avoided, you really should pick up both of these.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
still buys way too many poker books ... and most are terrible
Old 07-06-2005, 08:18 AM

Felecia,

As I and many others have told you again and again, we have immense respect for the courage you have shown. I was glad that others recognize your courage and decency. For example, there is a reference to your help to Charlie in the current issue of "Poker Player."

It was really admirable to help Charlie when your own problems are so severe.

Everyone from here and the WPDG is rooting for you.

Respectfully,

Al
Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 AM

"i, for one, think its cool and classy how Mason's clearly put aside his financial interest in poker publishing to give an honest & objective assessment of someone else's book."

The vast majority of the readers of Barry's book will be well below the level of expertise that is required for the strategic advice meant mainly for 200-400 players. But the book will whet their appetites and make them want to buy other books that will help them climb the ladder to the point where they are most helped by Barry's writing. So while Mason is always scrupulously honest about his opinions in his reviews, you need not worry about how his review will hurt his financial interests.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:11 PM

On a serious note, I recommend that you don't make the mistake that so many people commonly make, which is rushing into cancer treatment without the necessary knowledge of the treatment which we are receiving.

We are humans and we are motivated by our emotions. One of the strongest emotions is fear and it often causes us to enter situations in a haphazard way, where, if we are able to remain cool and collected, we can find the truth which wishes to be found.

If you look into chemotherapy, you will know that the immune system destroying effects of the drugs far outweigh the cancer killing benefits. While true that chemo can kill up to 95% of the cancer cells, that 5% still remains and will reproduce, and this time, will attack a body that has its immune system weakened.

Cancer is not a localized disease. So treating it locally will ALWAYS fail in the long run. It is a condition of the entire body. Where the tumor initially presents itself is determined by where you are genetically susceptible, but the reason it spreads is because the conditions for its growth are presented throughout your body.

In fact, not only is cancer not a localized disease, it isn't a disease at all. It is a naturally occurring condition. Dr. Otto Warburg, a Nobel prize winning physicist, did an experiment where he removed normal, healthy, functioning body cells of 60% of their oxygen, and guess what happened to them? They turned cancerous every single time.

Cancer is deprivation of oxygen at the cellular level and no level of drugs or radiation will ever pump much needed oxygen to your cells. So, at best, like the rest of conventional medicine, with their antibiotics and steroids, will cover up the symptoms until they rear their heads in another location of the body. Chemo and radiation and all other drugs which suppress the immune system's healing abilities are all -EV in the long term. I just hope you are able to realize this before the inflicted damage is too late.

So, my reason for this post, isn't to bring more doom and gloom negativity into your life. While I have never personally talked to you, judging by this thread, you have brought positive influences into the lives of many, so it is only fair for me to continue the cycle and reach out and help you. Genuine good people are a commodity which we need to hang onto, and you seem to be one.

So please, do me a favor, delay your conventional treatment for a week or so and take the time to look into your options. To beat cancer, the entire body needs to be treated. If you take away the environment that allowed the cancer to grow in the first place, THE CANCER'S ONLY OPTION WILL BE TO DISAPPEAR. It is simple fact that cancer can NOT live in an alkaline, highly oxygenated environment.

Do us all here at 2+2, the poker community, and the world in general, a favor and take the measures needed to save your life. Google the "Budwig Protocol" and "Gerson Therapy" and begin the regimen of flax oil/cottage cheese and the diet of raw fruits and vegetables (which a large majority coming from vegetable juices) immediately and then, and only then, will your condition be REVERSED rather than "covered up" and we will be ensured that we'll be able to see you at the tables, or on the forum, for many more years to come.

I have no incentive in writing this post other than to apply what I've learned in the attempt to save another human life. I have full confidence that if you follow the protocols I've listed, not only will you eliminate your cancer, but you will bring your health to unprecedented levels.

If, however, you decide to exercise your free will and rather than listen to me, decide to take the conventional routes shoved down our throats by the medical society, then all I can do is what the others before me in this thread have done, and wish you the best of luck in the world... because you'll need it.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Are you a scientologist? n/t

n/t
Old 07-06-2005, 05:53 PM

i just use the magnet bracelets
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Are you a scientologist? n/t

Nah, I've yet to find the outlook that makes sense to me.