Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Default First hand from \"happy hour\" Empire $100+1, what would you do?

All players start with 1000 chips. Blinds are 10/15. None of the players you have seen before. First hand you are dealt AdQd in third position. After two folds, you bet $60. You are called in fourth position and the button, and then the SB raises to $160, and the BB folds What do you do?

Ok, assume you call, and both other players call as well.

Flop (pot=655): Qh 7c 4s

SB leads out with a bet of 200 chips. What do you do?

Results will follow.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: First hand from \"happy hour\" Empire $100+1, what would you do?

What where you hoping for on the flop? I guess you have to think about preflop more, and whether you want to be involved in this pot with 2 players still to act after you call. The pot is already the size of your stack on the flop, and I think only AA or KK call a push. I probably fold the flop, but I'd fold preflop.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: First hand from \"happy hour\" Empire $100+1, what would you do?

Yes, I agree with your analysis, and have something more to add. The teaser raise by the SB seemed calculated to be small enough to keep people in the hand. That smells a lot like a big pair. Finally, if I do call it, it might be reraised by one of the players after me. It just goes to show that you don't always call smallish raises pre-flop. They can trap you.

Of course, I hit a good flop for my hand. I raised all-in with my Ace-Queen, which was called to my left by an AK (go figure), and by the button with TT. The SB turned over AA, and eliminated three players in one hand.

The lesson here --- beware the teaser reraise!