Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Why is there a live announcer on PSI?

Let's look at this realisticly. Would they pay a guy just to stand around and talk to nobody? There has to be an audience. I mean...unless paying people that are useless is the thing in now.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:14 AM

I've thought long and hard about this.

The only idea I came up with is that... they are doing the commentary during the taping... and the guy with the mic was relaying exact bet sizes and chip counts over to the color guys who may not get be able to get accurate reads by seeing the action via the cameras.

I am confident enough to put money on the fact that there is no audience. I had the volume blaring and didn't hear a single clap.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:01 AM

Much easier to film with no audience. cuts down on time a ton. low time = low $

however, some people here seem to be one's that inspired canned laugh/clap track. it is "weird" for some people to go from an applause track to none (and vice versa). i think some people would be surprised with what is taped and live and audience etc. you can buy a track of audience noises that run the gamut for peanuts compared to having a live audience. the lines are blur as it is imo because they can soon buy 'vitual' extras that will look perfect in context. won't be long for a fully a/v functional, virtual vvp.

PRE-SUBMIT BUTTON edit
======================
jeez, what a worthless post this was/is(saw on preview), but it had too many letters to delete. and anyway, I understood it, so it stays!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]