Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Big Mistake with KK postflop? I think so...

What if I bet the ace to see where I was at? Sure I don't want to get reraised here but wouldn't this be a good spot to see how I am doing? If I bet and get reraised I can be confident I am behind losing only one big bet from this point on. If I call down to the river with second best I lose a minimum of two big bets.

What about that logic? I am just trying to figure out all the right moves here. Becuase obviously calling (if I thought I was behind) or in my scenario raising because of the maniacs (becuase I am likely to still be ahead in the hand) get me to the turn. What do I do when that ace comes and why?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 AM

It would be intresting if u bet the ace and the guy who thinks u are bluffing raises .

Either way, I call the cap. Leading the turn is probably best, but u would think an ace would be out there.

Edit: NM on leading the turn. Misread that...yeah three checks to u, ud have to bet.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 AM

Honestly, given your reads of the two raisers that flop fold is criminal. Be happy the flop gets capped and definitely fire the turn when checked to. You're probably going to get raised by MP2. Then call down.

I can't believe you folded this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Good luck next time.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:33 AM

I'd bet the turn for several reasons.

1)The pot is very large and I want to drive some people out if I can. The ace is a scary card probably with all the action on the flop. Probably means someones Q is dead. Now if they have AQ though thats a different story.
2)If I bet the turn and get raised I can be fairly certain that I am beat.

But someone said that logic isn't exactly the best logic to bet the turn.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:34 AM

Ya nor can I. I guess I got the wits scared out of me by all the preflop betting and turn betting. I should of used my knowledge of the people better.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:17 PM

Worst ... fold ... ever ...

Seriously, without an Ace even on the flop, how can you fold with top pair? If someone's got QQ or AA so be it. The turn is where it would have gotten scary for you, but when it gets checked around, you'd have to be feeling great.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:33 PM

It was checked to me on the flop where I bet and then was raised and one of the checkers raised.

Ya. Pretty crappy play now that I look at it.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Betting "to see where you are at" is almost always incorrect. Bet for value. Bet for hand protection. Bet for fold equity. Information is a nice side benefit sometimes; IT IS NOT A REASON TO BET in and of itself.

You bet like I said, b/c you often have the best hand, because the pot is huge and it'd be nice if someone folded a hand that was drawing live, the maniac might do what he does best and raise and knock out those same live hands, or make it incorrect for them to call.

But you are not "finding out where you are" here, since the maniac raising tells you nothing. You're betting for value/protection.