Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Stacked?

As a gamer and a poker player, I can easily see how Stacked would appeal to a 2+2er. Its not that I play for ultra low stakes or play money (because I reguarly play 10-20 and 15-30 hold-em) and like the idea of not playing for real money. But its the fact that I like playing videogames and this is the best videogame that could simulate a pros talents. How many people could actually outdrive Tiger Woods as in the case of Tiger Woods 2005 and beat him in an actual match? Not too many I suppose. Or how about how many of us can take it to the hole on Shaq and slam one down in his face as is the case in NBA Live? I'd be willing to put my whole bankroll and my house note that nobody here could do that. But, if this new AI is as good as Stacked claims, we will soon be trying to bluff our way through tournaments and cash games against the likes of Daniel Negreanu, David Williams, and Jennifer Harmen. Although the computer might not do exactly what that pro would do in any given situation, I heard the software is modeled after the specific pro's game and does what they would most likely do. Am I claiming that bluffing the videogame would be nearly as fun as bluffing Josh Arieh and showing him the bluff in real life and watch him lose his cool? Heck no! I'm just saying that its the closest thing that will simulate playing an actual pro in any videogame. I mean who would really want to take their chances against Shaq? If you do. More power to you.