FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: winner vs losers analysis

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest looser, KQs, by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, I was just looking at my stats - I've been delt KQs the least number of times (97) and K4o the most (406) over 40k hands. and KQs is in the upper section of my winners

[/ QUOTE ]

In 30K hands, I've had KQs 86 times, and have lost 45BB with it. On the opposite end I've had AA 140 times and won 322 BB with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are 6 ways to be dealt AA and only 4 ways to be dealt KQs. so your number of times is consistent (roughly x1.5)
Old 07-06-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
should i basically never cc?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 words:

buy. small. stakes. hold. 'em. NOW!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest looser, KQs, by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, I was just looking at my stats - I've been delt KQs the least number of times (97) and K4o the most (406) over 40k hands. and KQs is in the upper section of my winners

[/ QUOTE ]

In 30K hands, I've had KQs 86 times, and have lost 45BB with it. On the opposite end I've had AA 140 times and won 322 BB with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are 6 ways to be dealt AA and only 4 ways to be dealt KQs. so your number of times is consistent (roughly x1.5)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but why are you limping aces?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you limping aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i limp utg if i sit to the right of a maniac, then re-raise him pre-flop.

also, i believe once i was the big blind with AA and with only one person limping, i checked.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you limping aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i limp utg if i sit to the right of a maniac, then re-raise him pre-flop.

also, i believe once i was the big blind with AA and with only one person limping, i checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to iso the maniac, raise. He'll likely 3 bet and knock the field out.

2nd scenario - if the SB just completed here after being folded to, he sucks. Get more money in the pot, he'll call you. If it was a plain old limper, see my previous reasoning about SB.

Edit: I just realized that you are LRR'iing (Limp Re-Raising) in the maniac scenario. Not only does this play blow, it gives your hand away. Save this for the 30/60, and raise PF.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 AM

filter your DB to show when you cold call PF, review your AA hands (and every thing else for that matter) and if you don't see why you need to be cold calling less, post some hands and we'll help you out
Old 07-06-2005, 02:45 AM

Even though you provided very little information, it seems very clear your play is substandard. You may be a 'stat junkie', but apparently you have very little clue how to read the stats in a useful way. Let me tell you what I see in your stats.

You've got sample size issues on EVERY SINGLE HAND SHOWN. The reason is that any paritcular hand takes quite a while to settle into its approximate ranking (and by "quite a while", I suspect you need to see the hand a couple hundred times). A5s being terrible and A4s being great should be a statistic that screams out "I'm a meaningless number!".

I see 29 coldcalls in 705 listed hands. Granted, these are big hands, but then you should be 3-betting lots of the time with these. SSH suggests you should have a coldcalling situation once every 550 hands. You have already exceeded that coldcalling ratio for your 15000 hands with the 29 coldcalls listed. I would be surprised if your coldcalling is under 1%. The 1% value is about 5 times as many coldcalls as you should be making. Every coldcall is a mistake worth around 1 SB. The extra .8% coldcalling you've done over 15000 hands adds up to a total of 120 SB = 60 BB's worth of errors. That's .4 BB/100 in mistakes by coldcalling alone.

That 66 and 99 are not doing well doesn't mean much by itself. But a closer look reveals that you're misplaying your medium and small pocket pairs. You've coldcalled with 66 12% of the time you've held the hand -- I have a tough time believing that's a healthy habit. If this is any indication of your play with 77 and 55, you're giving your money away.

Your VPIP for K7s is OVER 50%! That's terrible! In my admittedly small sample (including time playing the tight 16/8 style of poker), my VPIP for that hand was 15%. The "right" value is probably around 20-30% ("right" in quotes because a lot depends on specific game conditions, but 50%+ is way too high). If your K7s play is like this, I doubt K6s is much better, and I doubt Q8s is much better. Your whole suited aces down to suited queens game needs to be examined very carefully. You're probably limping far too often.

And all I've seen are a few of your preflop statistics. Your postflop play is probably equally undeveloped. That's just an edcuated guess based on your very poor preflop play (preflop is many many times easier than postflop).

You're a newbie, so I know you've got a long way to go (and you're not the stats junkie you think you are). But you need to know that your game probably needs a very large overhaul. You might even want to ditch everything you think you know and start from scratch. You should start from the basics with WLLH (I've heard "Getting Started in Hold'em" is a great intro book, but I've never read it so I'm not going to vouch for it).
Old 07-06-2005, 03:13 AM

Biggest winners in order, since I restarted at .5/1 (and this reflects the small sample size of about 9000 hands):

KK, QQ, AKo, AA, AJo, JJ, TT, J9s(?!), AKs, 88, AQs

Biggest losers:

KTs, Q9s, A4s, 98s, 87s, K9s, A2s, 97s, KQs, 44, 86s

Yikes, looks like my suited connectors are sucking fantastically. This is because I've been playing these too often from EP and I've been rectifying that more recently.

Good post Aaron.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest winners in order, since I restarted at .5/1 (and this reflects the small sample size of about 9000 hands):

KK, QQ, AKo, AA, AJo, JJ, TT, J9s(?!), AKs, 88, AQs

Biggest losers:

KTs, Q9s, A4s, 98s, 87s, K9s, A2s, 97s, KQs, 44, 86s

Yikes, looks like my suited connectors are sucking fantastically. This is because I've been playing these too often from EP and I've been rectifying that more recently.

Good post Aaron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...Your worst hands account for over 25% of my winnings and I play them from everywhere. Maybe you shouldn't give up on them yet.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:28 AM

That's impressive. My sample is admittedly small so perhaps I just need time for their winrate to normalise. Thanks for posting that.