Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 AM

Default 2 KJ Hands

Hand 1

No real reads, This is my first orbit at the table. It seems loose based on table stats, Ive never played with villian before.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand 2

This table was incredibly loose and aggressive. The preflop 3 better and capper were both incredible loose and aggressive. The 3 better showed down an A9o which he 3bet in mp on another hand.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls $0.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: 23.20 BB

Preflop

I felt that my KJs was worth calling 2 extra bets vs these type of players, but that might have been a mistake.

Flop.
I should have bet out because one of the preflop raisers would have probably raised. I was fearful that one would raise and the other would 3 bet which would spoil my plan for betting/raising my flush draw for value.

Turn

I now try to bet my draw for value (but forgot that I now dont have such a large equity advantage). I probably should have checked and called a bet.

River

I miss my draw but make a pair of jacks. I check, but after it was bet and raised ahead of me, I folded. If it was one bet back to me should I have called vs these 2 maniacs? I thought that would be a bad idea because of the guy that was all in probably had at least an ace. I was getting 12:1 on my call, but would I have been good enough with just a pair of jacks?

All comments appreciated because I really butchered this hand.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: 2 KJ Hands

Hand #1 is fine.

For hand #2...

[ QUOTE ]
I was fearful that one would raise and the other would 3 bet which would spoil my plan for betting/raising my flush draw for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this many players, you should be happy if this flop gets capped. Bet out on the flop (you recognize that this was correct), and reraise if possible.

I don't like the turn bet. With only one card to come you don't want to pay extra to see the turn.

Good river fold.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:49 AM

Thanks for the response. I realized that I played the turn and the flop backwards. As soon as that hand was done, I had to ask myself "did I really just play that hand that badly?"
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 08:30 AM

With the one limper and two posters in hand one, I'd raise preflop to take advantage of all the dead money.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:44 AM

Hand 1: I'm tempted to raise PF, but position sucks so I would probably just complete as well. I would definitely raise from CO/BTN. MP2 raising on a turn blank means his raggedy hand hit big. Without a read, I'll call down.

Hand 2: If your read on Button is LAG, then I would 3-bet this hand. Lead the flop as you've got 9 outs to a flush, a backdoor straight draw, and one overcard (giving you ~12 outs). If Button raises, I would 3-bet for value and to try and knock out a few players. I wouldn't lead the turn.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM

Not only does your pot equity decrease on the turn in Hand #2, but you have virtually zero folding equity against these maniacs, so semi-bluffing is pretty much pointless.
Hell, even if they weren't maniacs you shouldn't be leading this into 4 opponents.