Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Flopping four of a kind...Extracting?

Hi Daemon,
I actually had only three guys trapped and there was only one I would have been forcing to face two, and he folded anyway. I was hoping the flop bettor would bet out again on the turn and I would have raised there, trapping the field for a big bet and hoping someone would make some kind of hand they would call to showdown with. Raising the flop would usually insure that flop bettor would not bet out again on the turn so I just called. You can't be sure just calling a flop like this is optimal, but I think usually it is. There is no fear of giving a free or cheap card at least.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 AM

quads don't happen too often. don't raise the flop and force the field to call 2 cold. get em on the 'expensive' streets.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You really really need to 3bet this flop. You're equity is huge here, and you have three other players trapped. I think not raising this is a fairly big mistake.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really really need to 3bet this flop. You're equity is huge here, and you have three other players trapped.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like a three-bet on this flop also. Your getting a lot of action on this hand already, so your three bet won't make anyone fold. If the BB caps and makes the field face two more, most will probably call those two after cold calling two the first time around. If they fold, they leave some nice dead money behind.

More money in the pot will also make them more likely to go to the river with you, which I don't think is a worry because your draw is to the nut straight and the third nut flush. A higher flush is unlikely.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the other hand, which I didn't really post for advice, but now that you mention it...OESD and middle pair is a 3-bet hand? I also have the flush draw, but that's not nut-flush, and the pot is already bet and raised...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're equity is massive. Don't worry about a higher flush until given a reason to - assume that the flush is a winner.