Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Showing emotion when winning a pot

[ QUOTE ]
There is a reason I asked. Last Saturday I won $521 playing $4-$8 Hold 'Em at the Tropicana. At one point, people at the table were saying "I am staying away from him, he looks too good to be playing here.". A lot of times everyone would fold pre-flop everytime I raised and I wouldn't even see any flops. Basically I think it's hard to be like "Wow, I got lucky there." when you have over $700 on the table. This has happened several times in the last few months, so I am trying to see how I can change my table image in subtle ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

My response in this situation:

"Sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then."

"Yeah, another $300 and I won't even be stuck anymore."

"You can't win if you don't play."

NT
Old 07-04-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yea, believe me, I am very low key. I hate drawing attention to myself. If it were allowed, I would take $100 off the table everytime I was up that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have that many chips in a 4/8 game, try to color up to a few green/black chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, the dealers at the Tropicana don't like it when you ask to color up.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, the dealers at the Tropicana don't like it when you ask to color up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tip better.

NT
Old 07-04-2005, 03:33 PM

I wouldn't get too excited about having alot of money on the table at the Tropicana. I just got back from Vegas and the players at the Tropicana were far and away the worst of any cardroom I played at. And I didn't have any problem when asking to color up. As an aside, I don't consider myself a very good player but the Tropicana was like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't get too excited about having alot of money on the table at the Tropicana. I just got back from Vegas and the players at the Tropicana were far and away the worst of any cardroom I played at. And I didn't have any problem when asking to color up. As an aside, I don't consider myself a very good player but the Tropicana was like shooting fish in a barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the players are horrible. I've seen guys call with trash when the betting is capped pre-flop and after the flop. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. BTW, I never said I was excited or got carried away with winning at the Trop.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Vegas and the players at the Tropicana were far and away the worst of any cardroom I played at.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does the Tropicana have the softest 2/4 game in AC? Is it also the softest at 3/6, 4/8 etc?
Old 07-04-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Vegas and the players at the Tropicana were far and away the worst of any cardroom I played at.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does the Tropicana have the softest 2/4 game in AC? Is it also the softest at 3/6, 4/8 etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all the 2/4, 3/6, 4/8 games in AC are soft. You ususally find at least 7 or 8 players in a hand until the turn and 4 or 5 will see the hand until the end. This will occur even if the betting is capped. A lot of the players in AC are retirees who are all calling stations and won't fold unless the hands are complete crap. Even then, they still play the hands.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:15 PM

Yea I like using the stuck thing. "Yea.. I'm only stuck 6 racks now" Or "wow I play bad"
Old 07-05-2005, 04:57 AM

a little fist pump here and there is ok. just don't pull a scott fischman and jump on the table heh celebrations are fine, as long as you do not turn into the screaming swede matthias andersson