Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 06:02 PM

Default $31 Funny All-in Form Letter

It has been a while since I played a B&M game and with the habits that I have picked up playing online they may not be ready for me.

Let me set the stage for you. I'm $400 stuck for the day. Dogs can sense the change the change in brain patterns just before their owners go into a seizure. Well, most of my cats can sense when I'm stuck. It's a good survival trait that thru natural selection has brought the feline species to this point today. Each of the three cats takes a different strategy. Shadow, the most close to the wild, senses danger and hides. The enormous fat cat Shaggy is attempting to wolf down the last of the food from ALL three cat bowls. He is aware that on occasion, while stuck, I have tossed the cat's feeding bowls, after striking various computer equipment first with my fists , into the their litter box. The young and dumb little kitten Ginger becomes one of the new Cat Airborne Corps with his persistent cries for attention.

At this point, while playing Party's $10-20 Omaha 8/B, a first time player just when the game starts all-ins, on fifth st. He had three to a low and a medium pair facing three low cards doing the betting. As the clock ticks down I start swearing, the cats hide and he goes all-in on fifth st. to a bet. He chops the pot with me and beats me for $31. I let him know in chat that I'm going to have support review the hand and he leaves after one more hand. I copy the hand history and send it to Party support, knowing that without other hands like this that nothing will be done. I feel like I've been sexually assaulted, but report it so he can be caught in the future.

A little while later, a form letter arrives, you know the one:

"We take all of these allegations very seriously and diligently examine every detail............yada......yada......yada......ba d connection.......yada..........yada........yada... ...We thank you for the report; we appreciate it, as keeping the games honest is our highest priority.

Regards

Just what I expected. I've written a post about this form letter before, saying that it is most likely that sites never even look at the hand in question, but cut that step out and just send you the letter.

Now, here's the funny part. I was so upset about the hand that after typing part of the e-mail address support@par(typoker.com) I didn't notice that Outlook completed it as support@paradisepoker.com. Paradise sent me this form letter back:

Hello John,

Thank you for your email. After reviewing the hand, we've found that there was no wrong-doing.

We take all of these allegations very seriously and diligently examine every detail. In this case, 'Total DickHead' had a bad connection. The thing about a bad connection is that it is very difficult to fake. When someone has a good connection and goes all-in, it's obvious. When someone disconnects, that can be suspicious as well (hanging up on purpose). However, a bad connection (delays, latency, etc) are very difficult to make happen on purpose.

Total Dickhead's connection status:

Real Money All-ins (CST): (bad)

It seems, genuinely, that 'Total Dickhead' had a bad connection and it affected him at an untimely moment.

We thank you for the report; we appreciate it, as keeping the games honest is our highest priority.

Regards,

Paradise Poker Security

I wrote them back and asked them to check this further:

"Hello John,

I'm a little confused. Hand 79833441 would have been player somewhere in late 1999. I do see we have closed the account of Total Dickhead's as of 3 days ago.

Please let me know how this email chain began and I will certainly see that your concerns are addressed in full.

Best Regards,

Craig
Paradise Poker Support

www.ParadisePoker.com"

I'm willing to bet anyone here that Total Dickhead's account was closed for all-in abuse. I'm not really hot at Paradise support for dropping the ball in the first form letter. This is what is out there folks, players like poster poker moron here that go from one site to another scamming us by playing with a freeroll when they get behind and then moving on after being barred under that current name. I'm stuck another $31 to these cheats and I'm pissed as hell.

MS Sunshine

Old 06-17-2003, 06:12 PM

Default Re: $31 Funny All-in Form Letter

John I'm trying to figure out how he saved himself/cost you $31. Did you 3/4 the pot? Or perhaps you won half and someone else split either the high or low with the all-inner. Please elaborate, inquiring minds want to know. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2003, 06:48 PM

The pot was $62 and when he all-inned he caught up for half the pot, $31. It is a normal fold in this spot.

Here's Paradise's reply:

Hello John,

The old 'par' filling in the outlook address book Happens all the time actually. Makes for some confusing emails at times. We can usually figure it out, but in this case, the ID you gave me was right, and the account was freshly closed on our end so I didn't think the "PAR" answer was applicable this time.

Yes, indeed the player's account was closed for perceived all-in abuse.

I see that you have(sp not) been a Paradise player for a few months now, and you may not recall the manner in which we formerly dealt with non-responses. Formerly, players were given the benefit of the doubt and the hands were protected as if the player were all-in when a connection problem was detected. That way, a hand would never be thrown away due to no fault of the client end user. However, as we saw the potential misuses of this feature arise with the introduction of the No Limit and Pot Limit games, we introduced a new policy: a non-action would result in a folded hand unless the system detected that the client end had for certain a faulty connection.

In almost all cases this new policy has been received well and has stopped unscrupulous players from potentially rendering a raise impotent by not calling a bet and choosing rather to simply not act, with the knowledge of how it would be treated. However, we are not naive enough to suggest that our system is foolproof in this regard. This account, Total Dickhead, was only one day old in Paradise, and had used the feature a couple of times; once in a rather convenient place. We thought it best to close it in order to ensure the integrity of the games.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Best Regards,

Craig
Paradise Poker Support

God, I hate poker players.

MS Sunshine

Old 06-18-2003, 02:16 AM

I nearly choked when you said the reply came from Paradise. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

One thing I will give them. I hadn't played on Paradise for a couple of years when I returned for an horrendous run a few weeks ago. I noticed right away that there were very few all ins taking place; in fact, in nearly 7,000 hands there was only one that smelled bad. Maybe no all ins is the way to go.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:01 AM

My name is not pokermoron; it's "Loosemoron" And; it wasn't me this time. See you at the next table. Have fun.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:00 AM

Sorry for the name slip-up, but I was thinking of you. By the way what name do you play under at Party? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

MS Sunshine
Old 06-18-2003, 08:53 AM

I once sent an all in abuse email to Paradise by MISTAKE...should have gone to PokerStars. Paradise sent me an email back pointing out my obvious error and added they were going to forward my email to PokerStars.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:44 AM

"Maybe no all ins is the way to go"

I wish Paradise would let us know the change in the number of all-ins from before their change in policy to after. This would give us some idea of the cost of this cheating to honest players. As Paradise alluded to in their e-mail it is still possible for players to all-in and get protected and not get caught. I would rather see no all-in protection at all and take the cost of no protection myself and the benefit from other's bad luck at times then have people steal my money abusing it.

Also, Mike Sexton wrote back from Party and he is looking into this player's history of all-ins.

MS Sunshine
Old 06-18-2003, 09:57 AM

"Also, Mike Sexton wrote back from Party and he is looking into this player's history of all-ins."

Perhaps I should kiss up to you more Ms Sunshine. Then Mike Sexton might answer my e-mails once in awhile. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 10:12 AM

How does it feel to be old news?