Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will GM be screwed out of the money?
Yes 114 59.38%
No 78 40.63%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Online Poker- Is it Rigged???

nh
Old 07-03-2005, 04:41 PM

Hahahahahaaaahaa... Jinx, I have no further questions.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:04 PM

First post, and look at all the friends yv made already.

Welcome the the boards. Friendly advise: lurk a while before you post again. Acclimate yrself with the brds. That way, next time you post, you won't get flamed mercilessly.

Go here for a good laugh, but also heed the advise.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM

Heh... Thx man. I wasn't trying to say I believe online poker was 100% fixed, just curious about things I saw and wanted to hear from other players about what they though. It would seem though, that it's a topic that has been brought up before, and one ppl just don't like talking about.

Thx for the the consideration, though. I got thick skin, and am not particular bothered by the posts- ppl say what they will on the net, you never have to look anyone in the eye. I'm just suprised at the amount of ppl more interested in making a witty comment than actually answering my question in a meaningful way.

And at the end of it all, I've read the past blogs, and no one has ever really offered too much meaningful evidence for either side of the argument... both cases have been made well, but I guess there's little in the way of factual evidence either way.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And at the end of it all, I've read the past blogs, and no one has ever really offered too much meaningful evidence for either side of the argument... both cases have been made well, but I guess there's little in the way of factual evidence either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incorrect. See the posts regarding those of us who have large hand history databases (100k+ hands), and have found their to be no anomoalies regarding the way the hands are dealt at the sites we play at. All the evidence presented in favor of "sites are rigged" is anecdotal. The hard numbers presented by large databases are not.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:49 PM

I read these "rigged" threads strictly for answers like this.

WELL DONE!!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Well, from what I read, all there was was ppl SAYING there were no anomolies in their history, but this was never shown. So 1) they may not have actually looked into this, and 2) they may have overlooked important trends. I don't feel this is any more "Proof" than when someone says they've seen trends pointing to it being fixed but not actually offereing these #'s up.

Also, just because you've been dealt hands in the proper proportion doesn't meant its NECESSARILY legit- I could still get Aces the right amount of times, but run into sets after the flop too often.

Again, just playing the devils advocate.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:24 PM

People have looked into it in more detail than just getting the cards the correct number of times. I haven't gone as detailed as some in examining my hands, but others have done this. As far as you saying "well they've said they've done it, but that doesn't mean they have." Ok, you're right, we should just ignore what well respected posters of 2+2 have said, as their word is no good. Also, we shouldn't really believe that the U.S. landed on the moon, because I've never seen any actual proof of that, just doctored photos on tv, clearly the whole thing was staged. Of course there are no absolutes, but there are no absolutes in anything, and the evidence supporting a fair deal among the popular poker sites is much much stronger than the anecdotal evidence against it.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, from what I read, all there was was ppl SAYING there were no anomolies in their history, but this was never shown. So 1) they may not have actually looked into this, and 2) they may have overlooked important trends. I don't feel this is any more "Proof" than when someone says they've seen trends pointing to it being fixed but not actually offereing these #'s up.

Also, just because you've been dealt hands in the proper proportion doesn't meant its NECESSARILY legit- I could still get Aces the right amount of times, but run into sets after the flop too often.

Again, just playing the devils advocate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! You are the 1,000th lame first time poster to respond exactly in this manner.

Truth is, PP is rigged. Fortunately, many of us here have the secret code, so it is now rigged in our favor.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:27 PM

Just put PT on it 24/7 for a couple of weeks. If you still think its rigged, I'll eat up my hat!
Closed Thread