Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will GM be screwed out of the money?
Yes 114 59.38%
No 78 40.63%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Online Poker- Is it Rigged???

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I'm an expert, and I'm not complaining about a bad beat- I'm actually up since I've been playing at this site. There were just some things that concern me, and I'm asking... has anyone come out and shown that its NOT rigged?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the old request to try and prove a negative. That kind of arguing doesn't work.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:19 PM

Its pretty hard to get a straight answer around here.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:23 PM

How about this for a straight answer. You're a moron. Go away. Someone posts an "online poker is rigged" post at least twice a month. Then we get hundreds of responses detailing all the logical reasons why it is not rigged, coupled with the fact that many posters here have databases collectively encompassing millions of hands that show no anomalies. But then the morons just claim that yes, it is rigged, and we are all idiots. So no, you're not going to get a straight answer because with your first post at this forum, you've proven yourself dumb and annoying. If you had even bothered to use the "Search" button, or hell, even looked in some of the other forums (there's an "Online poker is rigged" post in the magazine forum, page 2, right now that has well over 100 response), then you wouldn't have had to annoy us all with your dumb poll. But alas, you have, and I am slightly dumber for it.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:24 PM

LINK
Old 07-03-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been one to buy into conspiracy theories

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does every clueless post start out with a disclaimer saying I'm not clueless, but I'm going to say something clueless? (Like, I'm not one to spread gossip, but I heard...).

[ QUOTE ]
when two playes go all-in the dog wins the pot half the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with zero knowledge about probability, you only have to watch the WPT a few times to see how many all-ins are essentially a coin-flip. If it is close to a coin-flip, the dog is going to win close to half the time. Even Vince gets it by now. Why can't you?

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone come out and shown that its NOT rigged?

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot prove a negative proposition. One example proves a positive proposition. No one has provided a single example of a poker site cheating. That's all it takes, just one to show that they are rigged. You cannot prove they are NOT cheating. You cannot prove that there are NO unicorns. You cannot prove that God does NOT exist.

You sound to me like the kind of person who steals money from his friends. Can you prove that you NEVER have? Come on, if it's not true, why can't you prove it?
Old 07-03-2005, 03:33 PM

That's all I wanted, man. I'm new to this site, so I had no idea that the topic had been discussed, or where to find it if I had. Thanks for the link, I appreciate it, but maybe take a valium or something. If my post is such a waste of your time, DON'T READ IT.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm not talking about KA vs 10 10, I'm talking a gut shot beating a set, and scenarios where the favorite is a favorite by at least 75%. I understand that you can't prove its NOT fixed, I should've phrased the question better. The question was, has anyone looked for evidence that it may be fixed? J-man has sent me the link, Inbetween his angry rages, and that's all i wanted.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking...scenarios where the favorite is a favorite by at least 75%.

[/ QUOTE ]

these scenarios don't come in one in four times...if you can't deal with that - you need to quit now or you will be in a world of hurt.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:50 PM

also, your poll is worthless because any answers you get for 'yes' are by people f'n with you.

good luck.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, WireySpinde11's attorney would certainly want you to believe that online poker is rigged. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost believe them myself!

But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider...

Ladies and gentlemen this is Chewbacca.

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee — an eight foot tall Wookiee — want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more important, you have to ask yourself, what does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major online poker site, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense!

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

I know Party Poker seems rigged. But ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Now think about that for one minute. That does not make sense. Why am I talking about Chewbacca when Party Poker's reputation is on the line? Why? I'll tell you why. I don't know. It doesn't make sense. If Chewbacca does not make sense you must acquit. Here look at the monkey, look at the silly monkey.

If Chewbacca lived on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
Closed Thread