Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 PM

Default interesting KK hand in sb

pacific poker 3-6 full ring game. Hero is on sb with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Everyone folds to a semi aggressive button player who raises, hero calls, bb calls, flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. hero bets, bb calls, button raises, hero 3 bets , bb folds, button caps, hero calls. turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. hero bets, button raises, hero calls. river is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. hero checks, button bets , hero calls. How did i play it? what do you think button had?
Old 07-03-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: interesting KK hand in sb

3 bet preflop for sure. It will play differently then. If the action is the same, I play it the same as you. He could easily have 2 pair, but you cannot be sure, so popping the turn is probably a good idea as you are ahead most of the time. River sucks, but its a big pot so call.

I would put him on QJ, or QQ/JJ personally.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:02 PM

I 3-bet this preflop. I don't want to see an ace fall on the flop. The rest I like.

I'm thinking that BTN was either holding K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and YHING or Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and YHIG.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM

the 3 bet is what i was expecting to hear. I usually dont get fancy like that but thought id trap him. would you smooth call with AA? turns out he did have QJo.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Firstly I think that I would have 3-bet PF, but other than that I thought that your play was fine.

Button could have had a wide range of hands following his PF raise which could have been a steal attempt.

I think your flop play was fine, because you were ahead of a lot of the hands that button could reasonably have been expected to have at that stage. I would have expected him to most likely have either top or middle pair or a pocket pair TT or less.

The turn is a blank, but with button raising, I think your call was sensible as it was possible that you could be behind to AA,QQ,JJ or QJ.

The A was a bad river card for you, because now you would also be behind to AQ and AJ. So I agree with your check/calling the river.

My guess is that button had either AQ or AJ.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:18 PM

I would 3-bet with AA.

I dont think that theres a need to try to trap button by checking, because there is still a wide range of hands that you could be defending your blind with.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:32 PM

you must raise how often you can with QQ to AA. You will win so often that you want any cent in this pot that you can get.
thats why you MUST cap the flop (in low limit games you earn huge money by value bets and value raises, and cappin premium hands preflop is the easiest and one of the most effective valueraise).
postflop: you can fold against the checkraise because he has 2pair or better (or he is a maniac, but this is a question for your pt).
to the riverbet you must fold, I think.
The pot is big and you have not a bad hand, but that doesnt look like a bluff.