Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 03:32 PM

Default The Turn Around Hand

I had been playing for approx. and hour and had not won a pot, I was getting great starting hands but not catching anything on the flop. I was somewhat shortstacked and contemplating a re-buy or just picking up and getting out of there. I decided to play my blind and then see some free cards for the next orbit around. This is a $2-$5 game.

In the blind I catch Q10d. Family pot to the button who raises, I call as does everyone to LP who limp-re-raised. Everyone calls.

Flop Qh Qs 9c Checked to LP who bets out called to Button who raises All call including LP.

Turn 6d I check UTG bets out called to LP who raises all but one drop to button who re-raises, I call and UTG pops it again and all drop to LP who caps Everyone calls.

River 10c I check UTG bets out and LP raises dropping the person who was between LP and Button. Button raises and I all in my last $23. They all finish the cap. I was the last to show because of my all in.

UTG shows AQ with a big smile. LP shows 6's full of Q's with an even bigger smile. Button shows 9's full of Q's for the side pot and then I show Q's full of 10's for the main pot.

Like I said I was already thinking of leaving so why not take my profits and get out of there. This was an approx. $350 profit win on one hand, the most I have ever saw in this low limit game. As I was racking up I felt the stares and then while at the podium cashing out I heard UTG and button questioning why I was even in the hand. I didn't say a word as I walked past but was somewhat laughing inside since I had lost a couple of smaller pots to each UTG and the Button when they had sucked out on me. Isn't it amazing how one hand can bring back the joy of poker after a bad hour or so.